We’ve all been through the ringer this past year, and feeling more stressed out than usual is...completely normal. According to the APA’s Stress in America survey, 84 percent of respondents said the country “has serious societal issues that we need to address” and reported feeling at least one emotion tied to prolonged stress in the last two weeks. No matter what your stressor is, it’s important to give yourself a break, breathe, and perhaps ease the stress with a little comedic relief.
Here are 49 relatable stress memes for when you’re really going through it:
1. When the clock doesn’t get the memo that you’re *done* working
2. Forcing yourself to smile through the pain of extra work like...
3. Your sweatpants and messy bun are calling
4. I'm baby
5. *obsessively checks bank account every three hours to see if money has magically appeared*
6. Wait, non-toxic coworkers are a thing?
7. Anytime my friends ask my about my stress levels
8. The world is on fire, it’s fine
9. This is just another normal Monday morning, right?
10. Stress eating is real, y’all
11. When you’re so generous that you start sharing your stress with others
12. Feeling like Elizabeth James every workday
13. When you realize you’ve been using stress balls wrong for years…
14. Tune in at 8 p.m. tonight to see who wins
15. Just let me wind down in peace, please
16. When every day feels like a technical challenge on The Great British Bake Off
17. Just a friendly reminder to hydrate
18. Ok...leave me alone, please?
19. “Stop trying to make ‘not stressed out’ happen. It’s not going to happen!” —Regina George
20. I’m just following directions…
21. *rolls eyes*
22. Thanks for the heads up, girl
23. When overthinking is your favorite hobby
24. Yes please, turn up the unlikely scenarios volume
25. When your little shows are the best part of your day
26. I’ve earned it, okay?
27. Cross your fingers for this type of nap to unwind this weekend
28. I promise I’m being productive and not looking at a list of relatable stress memes
29. When your coworker asks you to hop on a quick debrief call
30. When you hype yourself up to live by your own standards…
31. ...but then reality comes crashing back down
32. When your stress causes you to run out of patience
33. How to get rid of stress 101
34. When the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree
35. *responds “That’s great, honey” for the 200th time*
36. Kids with glitter = recipe for stress spiral
37. Isn’t this why people drink multiple cups of coffee?
38. A whole vibey-vibe
39. It’s a coffee catch-22, but it’s necessary
40. I feel...seen
41. When you just can’t make lemonade from lemons anymore
42. No, no you may not ask me anything, ever
43. Interviewer: what are your career goals? Me:
44. If Queen Bey says so, I have to
45. When my friends ask me what I buy when I stress shop
46. Anytime you think about your to-do list
47. This pretty much sums up my brain activity at all times
48. When you can’t stop dreaming about the perfect life...
49. ...but then finally realize that you’re perfect just the way you are and are capable of handling stress when it’s thrown your way