State of Michigan

2.0
1.9
1.8
1.6

Comments

I came back from maternity leave to find not only a full case load (15), but 18-21 cases, all of which required hours of transportation. I was not given ANY time to pump on multiple days. I worked every night and weekend, unpaid. My supply tanked and I could no longer breastfeed my own baby. It was devestating.

I've had the most empowering supervisors I've ever had and I've also had the most condescending and petty supervisor I've ever had at the State of Michigan. It's extremely important to do your research and find out who your supervisor is before accepting the job offer. Don't ignore warning signs and above all ask around. The culture varies drastically from department to department and even among departments.

Great place to work, with an added benefit of serving the people of Michigan.

I think becasue my direct Boss is a female my area is more female friendly. I dont think the company as a whole has a lot of female high management however.

State police, male dominated workforce and much more willing to promote men. Not flexible with schedule and telecommuting seems to be only available to higher ups.

Work in HR or Recruiting for State of Michigan?