Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 2, 2020

Professional Services Consultant - xSOAR - Remote (Clearance Required)

Full-time in Reston, VA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

The Resident Engineer is an integral part of our mission within our Public Sector Professional Services team. In this role,  you will work on-site with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Oåperating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expertise level skillsets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.

Cortex XSOAR orchestration enables security teams to ingest alerts across sources and execute standardized, automatable playbooks for accelerated incident response.

Your Impact

• Assist customers with their Incident Response efforts leveraging Cortex XSOAR for Security Orchestration Automation and Response.
  • Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the threat landscape that is most applicable to their industry’s vertical sector
  • Lead Cortex XSOAR technical implementation/operations in a customer environment
  • Interact with Security and IT technologies relating to customer environment
  • Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
  • Ability to create documentation for Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR playbooks
  • Ability to refine and translate complex requirements and execute best practice solutions
  • Ability to lead a team
  • Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business relating to Cortex XSOAR
  • Remote position with onsite travel to customers

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Experience in Python and/or Javascript
  • Experience managing complex security solutions in large environments
  • Strong understanding of Linux or Unix, network troubleshooting analysis and current security threats
  • Experience in cybersecurity incident response
  • Strong understanding of cybersecurity technologies, protocols and applications
  • Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end security solutions
  • Experience with IDS/IPS, SEIM, Endpoint solutions and technologies
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • GCIA, CISSP,  and/or DevOps certifications is a plus
  • Up to 70% travel may be required
  • Secret clearance required

The Team

Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.

As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.

Additional Information

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#li-JM1