At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst to join the Revenue Accounting team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Based in Santa Clara, this position reports to the Sr. Manager, Revenue Accounting.
- Track deals to be financed or leased and coordinate with GL and AR team
- Partner with Technical Revenue team to understand the deal structure
- Compile and prepare accounting package for financed transactions
- Prepare accounting journal entry adjustments at the entity and consolidated level
- Perform month-end close related activities, including preparation of financing/leasing revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries and applicable reconciliations
- Compile period-end reporting on financing entity business and revenue activities
- Support project lead setting up financing entities as needed
- Support financing/lease system implementations related to revenue processes
- Partner with cross functional business partners to implement best practices, automation, and continuous process improvements
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 key controls
- Assist with external audits and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of progressive relevant experience required or two years public accounting experience.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition and/or financing/lease accounting.
- Experience with high technology clients is a plus.
- He/she should be familiar with close processes, account reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross functional organizations
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite, proficiency in Google Suite a plus
- Experience with SAP ERP revenue accounting a plus
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.