Akuna Capital

4.0 | Chicago, IL | Capital Markets | 51 to 200 Employees

Company scores for Akuna Capital are based on 85 ratings from 6 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at Akuna Capital. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

From Akuna Capital:
From Akuna Capital:

Comments

Leave an anonymous comment about your experience at Akuna Capital. Your review can help other women find great companies.

The New Wave in Tech and Trading

Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.

Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.

The name Akuna derives from the Australian Aboriginal word meaning “flowing water,” a word that exists in no other language. We have built our firm and values around this definition – beyond providing liquidity to the markets we also strongly believe in: rapid innovation through new technologies, collaborative flow of knowledge and a thirst for individual growth and opportunity.

We are the leading options market-maker to successfully enter the industry in recent years with sustainable growth. By providing more liquidity to the markets through rapid innovation, we have the advantage of youth in remaining nimble and agile in an ever-changing competitive landscape.

Akuna has no clients or external investors, we trade only with the company’s capital. We have dozens of employee-shareholders and this number continues to grow.

We are really proud of what we have accomplished since inception, but even more excited for all that lies ahead of us. We are still building, accessing new markets, trading new products, and creating new strategies, giving you the opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of Akuna. Indeed, the great majority of Akuna’s growth profile is ahead of us.

This information is provided by Akuna Capital

• 15 paid time off days/year (average)
  • 5 sick leave days/year (average)

• Tuition reimbursement

• Volunteer leave

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• Discounted gym memberships
  • Fitness-based outings
  • Group athletic events and team sports
  • Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision packages
  • Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending

• Frequent social activities
  • Regular social events including happy hours, trivia nights, poker nights & annual company trip
  • Collaborative working environment
  • Game room area, complete with board games, pool and ping pong tables
  • Fully stocked kitchen with healthy breakfast and snacks daily
  • Gym in office building

Jobs at Akuna Capital

Akuna Capital is a capital markets company headquartered in the Chicago, IL area that employs 51 to 200 people. Akuna Capital has a 4.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 85 ratings from 6 current or former employees. 1 employees left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like Akuna Capital and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.