Wegmans Food Markets

Scores based on 2,729 ratings from 184 participants

Comments

Being a young woman in the meat department was not an easy task. I often felt like I was carrying a much larger work load than other full-time employees with "seniority" despite working part-time hours. The pay did not compensate for the job I had to do. Co-workers, managers, and HR were unmotivated and had a laissez-faire attitude when it came to dealing with customers, interpersonal conflicts, and general problems. My opinions fell on deaf ears and I truly believed that my strong work ethic and overall good nature was taken advantage of at this company.

It's a really nice company, that makes you feel like family.

Anonymous Rater

Corporate values are on point. In my particular store, the corporate values are not reflected in the day to day operations. It's difficult without female leadership in the store, higher middle management is called, "The Boys Club," and women and minorities aren't treated with the same respect.

This was a good company to work for. They care about the employees and I always felt a great deal of pride working here.

Wegmans boasts that it is the second best place to work in America, but it is far from it unless you work in a corporate office. Promotions are promised and stripped away before you can even blink, maternity leave is forced to be split between parents if they both work for the company (otherwise mothers/fathers are entitled to their own leave, which is classified as a disability leave and abysmal/mostly unpaid). I have witnessed mothers being punished for needing days away to care for their sick children, and have watched harassment claims or complaints be brushed under the rug. They “care” until you stop reminding them to.
And the schedules are so random and demanding that you will find yourself scheduled at 4 am one day and 12 pm the next only to switch back and forth and never have a set schedule. And then have management ignore your concerns about this- even with medical proof it’s unsafe for you.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Wegmans Food Markets?