Walmart

1.8 Family Growth Support
1.7 Social Activities and Environment
1.7 Wellness Initiatives
1.6 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

Walmart is an interesting work environment. I started there fresh out of high school as a cashier. They give you computer training for at least a week and a half and then they let you out on to the floor to watch it in action. They will train you and they like promoting people with in their stores.

I was badgered about taking my extra time to pump. My supervisor ignored repeated reports of sexual harassment from another hourly associate. My supervisor was never reprimanded for her poor leadership and continues to keep her job.

The Walmart Corporate Office is undergoing a major upset this year in its attempt to keep pace in the e-commerce world. They're only as competitive as they have to be as far as perks offered, and do not appear to care about retaining talent. Their annual satisfaction survey is about to launch and the numbers are expected to be abysmal. Time will tell if they're taking a misstep or merely making the necessary evil decisions.

Was a good place to work, pros are interaction with management on mobile devices. Cons are front end management could use more support.

I had a UTI once and had to come to work. They have no allowance for having time excused even with a doctors note. There excuse was, "not everyone has the ability to go to the doctor so it's like punishing them for not being able to go to the doctor if we take doctors notes from those that are." I was on Walmart insurance at the time.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Walmart?