Walmart

1.9
1.8
1.7
1.6

Comments

I worked at Walmart for a short time and I did not mind working in the back room but I found management not to be responsive to other staff unlocking my office and stealing things.

Walmart doesn't not take very good care of its associates and "punishes" us for eating food that is thrown away, when with the same breath they fight with you about too many hours. It is natural for some people to be favored under management, but sometimes that gets twisted and you never know who is going to rat you out and write you up, when you are doing the best you can with picking up other people's slack. It is a very frustrating job emotionally and mentally, so I would not recommend it unless you are desperate.

Pay wasn’t terrible but they never allowed me to change my availability which caused a lot of conflicts with my schedule. I couldn’t continue my school or see my family and friends on a regular basis. A lot of my requested days off were denied even though they were few and far apart which caused even more schedule conflicts. When I went to my manager about these issues he told me that being at work was more important than being with my family. I was eventually fired for attendance issues after spending 6hrs overnight in the ER, when I said I could bring a doctors excuse my manager said “it wouldn’t matter either way”. They don’t care about their employees. You work for them and that’s it.

Awful place to work. Management treats EVERYONE like dogs. Under appreciated in every way possible. Over worked in every way possible. Way too much stress for a retail job. Heard management call an employee a fat, lazy, pos in my last week.

They ran down union halls in their training videos!

Work in HR or Recruiting for Walmart?