Walgreens

2.1 Wellness Initiatives
2.0 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.0 Social Activities and Environment
1.7 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

At the location I work at, it is very a difficult and stressful environment. Mainly because of our location but also because of our store manager. A lot of my co-workers are unreliable, the store manager always changes our schedules without letting anyone know and without printing a new schedule. So any days or hours we miss because of those changes are held accountable against us instead of the manager. We are always understaffed and they will not hire more employees. Always behind on work no matter how long an employee(s) stay to finish work. Lots of times a co-worker would just leave work out of the blue, even the store manager. The store manager has no empathy and has bad communication skills. I am never invovled in our meetings even if they say they will have someone come and cover so that I can go to one but never do. More than half of our employees here are quitting and will be gone within a month because of all of this. Some policies are unreasonably strict. Not the job for someone who has multiple kids unless if part of management.

I have been extremely lucky to not need paid leave, help with child care, adoption or family changes. That being said, I have seen numerous colleagues unable to adjust work schedules to focus on family, either because of vacations or custody battles. I have seen coworkers forced to use a break room to pump for a new baby; the only notice they were provided for privacy was a hand written "please do not enter" sign. And every boss above a store manager that I have ever interacted with has been male, the entire way up the chain. I don't get the impression Walgreens dislikes women, just that they don't care much about women issues.

I love my fellow co workers.Even shift leaders, who are all men I might add are all men, are pretty awesome. We all get along really well. I'll even say I like the Assistant Store manager. He can be pretty cool some times. My store manager is the worst type of man. He is very cold hearted towards many of us in "customer service". It's very upsetting. Thank you so much for giving me an opportunity to speak.

More on the job training as promotions happen

While I have worked here, 2 of the men in the store harrassed me and another female coworker. The other girl was fired, and when I reported it, they fired me too for an incredibly stupid reason that shouldn’t have even been a write up. So basically they know this is going on, but choose to cover it up instead of remove these pigs.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Walgreens?