Get Matched

2.0 Family Growth Support
1.9 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.9 Social Activities and Environment
1.7 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

It is a retail position in management, so some things such as telecommunication/child care/etc, are not really feasible at my level.

Also, a majority of our staff is female (retail seems to be a more dominant at the lower levels for the most part). Interestingly, we have a higher ratio of female store managers in my district, plus a female district manager and her boss is also female. Makes things promising as a female looking to move further up in management.

Many women work in retail based workplaces in my experience... Equal opportunity to be miserable.

I highly enjoyed working for Walgreens.

They have employees there that have made me uncomfortable and found a way to make it seem like I was over reacting even though others have complained with similar issues. They handle leave very poorly. From what I have gotten out of my male counterparts they tend to start at more then females by about .50/hr.

As far as a company, they're a bit behind in the sick/maternity department, but it all depends on your stores management. Our management team is awesome, and has worked with several of our girls brought their pregnancies, including one who was bedridden for weeks. We pooled our paid time off for her to try to help her out, but it's not mandated through the company.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Walgreens?