Get Matched

2.3 The People You Work With
2.3 Female Representation in Top Leadership
2.1 Flexible Work Hours
1.5 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

They have a lot of ideas on paper, but when you want to have a family as a woman, you are soon rejected as a "useful" co-worker or peer. I had to leave because I didn't want my life to be build around what the Navy wanted from me.

I've been discriminated against for being a woman and being gay. Certain rates in the navy do not comply with the EO. I

Overall, the US Navy treats females the exact way a male is treated. At least in my experience. Love it!

They do not care about you or your family. You will be treated as a problem worker if you need to leave to handle a family emergency or routine appointment, i.e. Your child gets sent home sick from school or there is a doctor's appointment. You will be interrogated and given the third degree as to why you couldn't set your appointments for outside of normal working hours (6am-5pm).

The military wants to be female friendly and overall they try very hard at the top of command. It's not seen as well as you get down to deck plate level

Work in HR or Recruiting for US Navy?