UPS logo

UPS

2.5 | Atlanta, GA | Transportation/Trucking/Railroad | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for UPS are based on 5,709 ratings from 394 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at UPS. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

Had paid to work, got a check of $0 after working one day and was treated poorly by management. Work was little recognized and people were dissatisfied working for this company this created a high turn over rate.

This is the most female unfriendly place I have ever worked. The proof is in the numbers. Having more then 3 female supervisors out of a group of 15 is considered a lot. Inappropriate jokes and degrading comments are constant. There are very few women in the operations section, with 95% of the upper management being men. Still very much an old boys club. If you want your male management to like you you’ll have to be down to drink after hours and nod along. There is still an attitude that women just aren’t meant to work in ware houses for some odd reason. Male managers count pregnancy or children against women who work there. Sexual harassment isn’t taken seriously. There are men in my hub who have been reported multiple times and have been “retrained” or just moved to another hub instead of following their “no tolerance” policy. Management is required to wear official UPS polos, hats, coat etc and the catalog has about a third of the options for women that they have for the men. The fit is always awful. It’s either cheaper material, cut too low or runs way to small. Meanwhile the men’s options are usually nice dry fit material that actual fits.

Very male-dominated in general, with very few women in senior management. Zero flexibility in work hours - no flex time, work-from-home still viewed with suspicion. For a company of this size, not on par with peers at all.

One of the best companies I have worked for. I love how the place works together and everyone is eager to teach you new things.

Women can go very far with UPS, but it definitely isn’t a family oriented company. Trying to start a family, or having young ones is not very supportive of this company’s work culture. Work now, family later.

UPS logo

From the driver’s seat to the executive suite, women play a leading role.

We understand the importance of staying true to your needs and believe that when you're doing what you do best, the sky is the limit. Women's Leadership Development (WLD) focuses on helping you enhance your ability to lead others professionally and personally as you develop the knowledge, skills and values necessary to confidently step into a leadership role within UPS.

As a global initiative, WLD brings together strong, passionate individuals who want to make the world work better for everyone. At UPS, you're not only provided with the opportunity to achieve, you're encouraged to hone your talents and exceed expectations on a daily basis. With our promote-from-within culture, great training and global scale, a career at UPS can take you wherever you want to go.

Learn more about our Women's Leadership Development program, and how we're putting our words into action by providing an integrated series of tools, practices and connections that help you reach your career goals.

Jobs at UPS

UPS has no jobs listed at this time.

UPS is a transportation/trucking/railroad company headquartered in the Atlanta, GA area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. UPS has a 2.5-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,709 ratings from 394 current or former employees. 81 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employee ratings and reviews from women for companies like UPS and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.