UnitedHealth Group

2.9
2.8
2.4
2.4

Comments

I've worked in Technology for UHG (supporting both UHC and Optum divisions) for almost 5 years. I was impressed at the number of female managers and directors on the UHC division, but not within Optum. Furthermore, many of the Optum male technology and business leaders I've come into contact with either aren't that bright, or are highly disorganized, making it difficult for them to understand and help resolve issues. I am constantly being asked to bring them up to speed', write things up for them, or 'help them fix' things they or their own employees should be doing. I am just now starting to challenge my male peers to be more accountable but am concerned I may soon be viewed as 'uncooperative' or 'not being a team player'. We'll see. I think Optum needs a huge injection of more tech savvy business leadership and more women in technical leadership roles all the way up the chain. Advice to Executive Leadership: you need to implement a training program for management which targets gender biases. Start simple: just because there is a female in the room doesn't mean she is there to coordinate, take meeting notes, or compile documentation. Men need to be able to have those skills as well and be held to the same high standards you are holding women to. I also think that Optum and UHG need to commit to 'pay parity' in the next 2 years.

Many women in senior leadership but rarely executive leadership. Talk a big game as far as health and wellness in workplace but work is very stressful and little break time, unhealthy employees, overworked, skipping breaks is common, and encouraged. Unstable work enviroment in that you will switch departments many times, bosses often, and is not uncommon to be let go in under five years for no fault of your own.

At this site it is very much like high school where there is constant gossip and you only get promoted if you are part of the "in" group.

Most of the areas that I work in and with are women-dominant, including our leadership.

Salary is great, flexible hours are great but workload is extremely heavy and that can be very stressful. Flexible hours but some days I work day and night from home. I’m with my family in person but working.

About UnitedHealth Group

This page has been claimed, but no information has been added.

UnitedHealth Group has no jobs listed at this time.