Get Matched

2.8 Learning Opportunities
2.7 Salary Satisfaction
2.4 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.4 Social Activities and Environment

Comments

Some things are wonderful here. They are very involved in the community and volunteer work. They offer horrible health insurance to their lower level employees. They have a rewards program, but when living paycheck to paycheck the amount of taxes they decide the reward is worth hurt. You can't get much with the points. BCBS I know offers great coverage to all employees.

UHG treats their employees terribly. You get docked in your annual review for every sick day you take, even just one sick day affects your pay change for the year and with 3 kids, it's impossible not to miss any work ever. They also do not give equal pay. I worked the same position for 4 years and my husband applied for the same job with no experience and was offered 75 cents more per hour than I was making after recieving 4 raises.

Like any company, your work-life balance will be what you make of it. If you let people push you around and take your free time, they will; if you don't, but get your work done if seems to go alright. Our sector has a lot of female leadership. The PTO is decent... yes, sick and vacation are combined as are a lot of company's, but you still have a decent amount of time if you use it wisely. I read some of the other company reviews--and I'm sure the experience you have will vary widely depending on your management and job role since it's such a huge organization.

The only thing that UHG lacks is a decent benefits package. For being an employee of the number one insurance company in the country, my insurance covers NOTHING. It is horrible. But hours are flexible, I work from home, and pay isn't the worst. The environment is wonderful. Everyone is supportive. I'm happy there. The insurance is just a point of contention.

Great place to work at if you find the right department. Aside from great benefits, the company has a great corporate culture and that is the main reason I've stuck with the company.

Work in HR or Recruiting for UnitedHealth Group?