TMX Finance Family of Companies

3.5 | Savannah, GA | Financial Services | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Scores for TMX Finance Family of Companies are based on 390 ratings from 27 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for TMX Finance Family of Companies

The best training, mentor program I have ever had in my 30+ years of management.

TMX Finance Family of Companies is career that focuses on celebrating their women in leadership. The company has a culture that consistently celebrates diversity and promotes women into their leadership teams across the country. The company is strongly devoted to training, developing and encouraging women to strive for the next level in their career. In the past six years I have witnessed a high level of women in leadership and equality across the board with this company.

I have been with this company for almost 8 years, and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. I started in basically an entry level position, and have received several promotions along the way, most recently to a senior level director. One of the things that I love about the culture here is that hard work and performance are recognized and rewarded. Promotions are received based on your contribution to the organization and your accomplishments, not based off of tenure. The company is progressive, and strives to stay ahead of the curve. We are implementing and enhancing programs to further our benefit offerings, to develop our internal talent, to provide mentoring and coaching, and to create an overall culture that our employees love to be a part of!
I have had 2 babies during my time employed here, and felt very supported during both my pregnancies, my 12 weeks of leave with each baby, as well as my transition back. I nursed both babies for their first year of life. There is a pumping room that can accommodate multiple nursing mothers, and I was never made to feel guilty for the time I had to spent in the lactation room. Now as a working mom with 2 kids in daycare, I feel fully supported when I have to take care of Dr's appointments, or need to leave early because of a sick child. This company has a significant amount of strong female leaders that are engaged and empowered in the workplace!

I've worked for a number of companies throughout my career and this company has been the best. I've grown the most here, have been officially promoted about 3 times and have made several lateral moves that have allowed me to dabble in different areas. Perks for me: great energetic culture, fast paced, innovative, always thinking about how decisions will effect both customers and team members, great pay for the position, plenty of opportunity for advancement (or even creating your own role which is what I did!), LACTATION STATION (they love moms here), family work environment in the sense that people here care about what's going on with your life, wellness initiatives like yoga in the park or FitBit challenges. Working in downtown Savannah is certainly a plus. Women in leadership roles at corporate are high- over 70%. It's great to see so many women in leadership roles! I watch a lot of people get promoted, lots of room for growth. Mentor program gives you the opportunity to rub elbows with execs that would not traditionally even know you! In my opinion, the departments that have anything to do with the well being of the employees in the store care about them first and foremost and are always working to resolve the various issues that can come with working for an employer with over 5,000 employees. I really like that because, hey, I'm an employee,too!
At any rate, great job. I will note this is not for a lazy worker. There are some inconsistencies in what each department requires but they one thing they have in common: they expect results. Come prepared to WORK and WORK HARD because it is very performance driven. You'll be competing with other people who are overachievers and results-driven and to me that makes for a great environment because you work with other people who actually want to work!

Most of the women in the leadership positions are backstabbing, two-faced sharks. They are some of the most miserable and hateful women I’ve ever met in my life. The company promotes women who act like men, and considers everyone else too incompetent or emotional to advance.

They don’t stop drama, the perpetuate it. The people needing to be disciplined or discharged are often overlooked to avoid rocking the boat. I’ve had an HR re tel me that it’s too much to deal with to write up certain people.

Family leave is a joke. There is no maternity leave. They put up a persona of being a family company, but the minute you try to take care of your actual family you will be penalized for not making it about your job. On track for a promotion? Your kid better not get sick because if you take a day off, they’ll give it to the man who is less qualified.

Helping People Is Our Business.

We Help People. It's what our business was built on and it's what we do every day. We strive to create new and better opportunities for our customers, our team members, and our communities by delivering outstanding services, continuous innovation, and exceptional experiences.

The TMX Finance Family of Companies is one of the largest consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. With over 1,100 stores spanning 17 states, we provide access to credit for consumers who are under served by traditional lenders. Many of our customers have nowhere else to turn when they suffer short-term financial setbacks like medical emergencies or home repairs, so it is our mission to remain a reliable source of credit and offer customer's hope and opportunity.

Women at TMX Finance Family of Companies

This information is provided by TMX Finance Family of Companies

Executive

This information is provided by TMX Finance Family of Companies

• 12 paid time off days/year (average)
  • Closed on Sundays
  • Rotating Saturdays

• TMX University Training Library
  • Team Up Mentorship Program

• Diversity council

• TMX Wellness Club

• Frequent social activities
  • TMX Member Perks-Discount Program

TMX Finance Family of Companies has no jobs listed at this time.