The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) logo

The Boston Consulting Group (BCG)

4.2 | Boston, MA | Management Consulting | 10000+ Employees

InHerSight Ratings

Scores for The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) are based on 1,543 ratings from 104 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for The Boston Consulting Group (BCG)

BCG prides itself on inclusion and diversity- penning papers and articles on the subject and organizing affiliation groups (but only for the consultants). Unfortunately, much of it is lip-service. There are far too few women in leadership positions, both on the consulting and non-consulting sides of business. More concerning is the lack of promotions and growth for women at the company. Literally every division at the company in the U.S (and much of the world) is helmed by a white man. The firm only values its consultants, if you are not bringing revenue to the firm, you’re persona non grata. BCG prides itself on its “culture,” but in reality, it’s a tough place for an ambitious woman to grow and thrive.

A wonderful company. Lacks transparency and follow through on growth career. Not consistent work load through cohorts. Takes advantage of their good people.

BCG is truly committed to making this a great place to work for women. This is reinforced continually by leadership and the fact that they are regularly launching new initiatives or expanding programs to increase the representation, success, and satisfaction of women at the firm.

Overall, I consider BCG an excellent place to work for females - both consultants and administrative professionals. Diversity and inclusion are becoming even more important by the day, and there are always mentors, you just have to seek them out. I have since left BCG, and appreciate now more than ever the quality of the people and the supportiveness of the culture!

The three things I love most about working at BCG are the focus on people (with a special effort in attracting and retaining female talent), the diversity of its teams, and the visible and lasting impact generated by our projects both in the private and the public sectors.

The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) logo

Shaping the Future. Together.

A Truly Global Firm
The Boston Consulting Group is a uniquely global firm, with 85 offices in 48 countries and a globally distributed business and partnership. Indeed, a truly global mindset is reflected in all we do: at BCG, more than 25% of our consultants work outside their home countries every year, and our 16-member Executive Committee consists of partners from ten different countries. With more than 12,000 employees and more than 18,000 alumni, we benefit from an incredibly diverse and global community.

Build. Connect. Grow.
You don’t have to fit into a mold at BCG—there isn’t one. This is true whether you're a consultant solving our clients’ biggest challenges; whether you're a topic expert in our Knowledge & Analytics group, or whether you work with our Business Services Team (BST) supporting the operational heart of our business. At BCG, no matter your role, you'll be joining a team of people with strong drive, relentless curiosity and the desire to create their own path.

A Better Way To Work
At BCG, we genuinely want to help our clients and each other succeed. Our culture of collaboration and support are taken seriously and backed up with programs such as PTO (Predictability, Teaming and Open Communication) and Flexibility@BCG to make your schedule easier to plan and your career more satisfying in the long-term. And since diversity is so important to us, we encourage you to participate in our many programs, such as Women@BCG, LGBT Network and our ethnic diversity networks to help you excel both personally and professionally.

Women@BCG
Through Women@BCG, we offer global best-in-class career development, mentorship, and networking programs to help you excel—personally and professionally. Meetings, conferences, and forums—such as our regional Women@BCG conferences and Working Mother Forum—connect you to a rich network of other successful women at BCG.

Recognition
Four female senior partners have been named among Consulting magazine’s “Top 25 Most Influential Consultants.” Working Mother magazine has frequently named BCG one of its top 100 companies for working mothers. Conceive magazine recognized us as one of the “50 Best Companies” for our family benefits four years in a row. Fortune magazine placed BCG among the top five on its list of the 50 Best Companies for Diversity.

Jobs at The Boston Consulting Group (BCG)

The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has no jobs listed at this time.

The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a management consulting company headquartered in the Boston, MA area that employs 10000+ people. The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,543 ratings from 104 current or former employees. 17 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.