The Advisory Board Company

3.5 Company Responsiveness
3.4 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.9 Salary Satisfaction
2.9 Female Representation in Top Leadership

Comments

Company has closed down several "satellite" offices this year, so offices are now clustered in Washington DC, Austin TX, and Chennai India. The healthcare side of the company has been struggling over the last year, as hospitals and health-care systems hold off on large investments and new consulting engagements. Remains to be seen what will happen when the ACA reform/repeal situation is resolved.

Advisory Board has a tendency to celebrate female friendliness over just politeness--it is not enough to be pleasant, you have to "exhibit positive energy" and "make others around you smile". You are complimented for "always smiling" and being a "pleasure to work with" because of attitude instead of being a pleasure to work with because of incredible work ethic and intelligence.

Great for entry to mid-level women, but a clear gender divide in upper middle management and executive leadership.

I have appreciated having the opportunity to grow my career and develop new skills across my tenure. Most of my managers have been supportive and instrumental in helping me to advance.

I have been working in the Performance Technology team for almost 2 years now. Being in Technology I always prepare myself for gender bias - working here I was pleasantly surprised at how respectful and appreciative everyone is for each other. I went high on my salary and I got more than I expected. They care so much about work/life balance and I appreciate the culture ABC/EAB has created for its team.

I even have become more charitable and donate a lot of my time and money through the channels ABC has created for its employees to give back to the community.

Granted I work on the education side (EAB) and I cant speak for healthcare (ABC) - but I am highly satisfied and feel like i'm really doing something good with my skills that help people everyday.

About The Advisory Board Company

This page has been claimed, but no information has been added.

The Advisory Board Company has no jobs listed at this time.