Starbucks

3.5
3.3
2.7
1.8

Comments

This company will care about you only as long as you permit them to take advantage of you. Expect to be shuffled around from store to store in the district, to have your concerns about the treatment of your supervisors ignored, and generally to be given directives about customer service and speed that completely contradict each other. Working here is a daily struggle in cognitive dissonance — but nothing retail can throw at you will surprise you anymore. Neither will cleaning the nastiest things you can imagine.

I’m sure corporate tries very hard to make this a great company to work for; however, I found that it truly depends on who you work with, your manager, how many staff members are working (often had to cover several positions due to understaffing and high turn over rates), and customer volume.

I've worked for Starbucks a little over a year and they never cease to amaze me. They really do cherish their employees and do what they can to make things right for them. It's one of the only companies I've ever worked for who really takes my opinion to heart and listens. There's always going to be bumps in the road (it's work) but they really do show that they care.

Over worked and under paid. As long as you are not trying to survive on your own (rent, utilities, car payment, living costs) it’s a great place to work.

They blatantly started a man with less experience at a higher salary, and when I asked about it my boss shrugged and said "someone else did that before me."

Work in HR or Recruiting for Starbucks?