Starbucks

2.6
2.5
2.5
1.8

Comments

Great coworkers, easy organized duties, terrible pay (you can make $5/hr more at freakin Chick Fil A), not great incentive to rise up the ranks and at times very uncertain scheduling

Once reaching a position as a supervisor, I began to see that the company wasn't like I thought it was. They offer so many benefits, like discounted Healthcare, initiatives to earn a degree (if you don't have one already), but when it comes to the pay, the amount of work it is, and how management deals with in-store problems, it wasn't worth it to me. A lot of the time, I felt like I was being ignored, when it came to problems with my coworkers, and even management all the way to the district level. A lot of the time I felt like I was being pacified, and not heard. There's this level of superficial perfection that managers display and strive to achieve, but as someone constantly on the front line, seeing the moral of your employees lessened by the day, when we never have supplies and adequate staffing, it slowly breaks you. Not to sound morbid or scary, but it is a truth that not everyone who works at Starbucks experiences. Among the worst stores managed in my district, we were falling apart, and all of my baristas and I could see by management's actions, that we felt like didn't matter.

Starbucks is a wonderful place to work if you don’t wish to go to school, have a second job or have a social life. They offer vacation hours after a year, however, management won’t let you use them. They demand you work the hours you’re scheduled but won’t schedule over 32 hours for risk that they will have to write up the manager for your overtime. The tips are taxed but you won’t make more than 35 a week from tips. Local coffee shops typically give you 50+ a day, minimum.

Starbucks was a great company to work for but it hasn’t grown with me. While appearing politically correct they have taken away many “perks” like performance reviews. For what I have suffered, I haven’t been equally compensated.

starbucks was friendly and a great experience

Work in HR or Recruiting for Starbucks?