Sprouts Farmers Market

1.6 Family Growth Support
1.6 Ability to Telecommute
1.5 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.5 Social Activities and Environment

Comments

This company pays well, but their attitude towards women and men of color is not okay.

The head manager is a bad leader. The store manager shows very poor leadership skills and perpetuates a defensive, negative workplace climate instead of the desired supportive environment all companies should strive for.

It's a big, no-girls-allowed, sausage fest. Promotions are offered to those women who are willing to do a little something extra for male managers, even if the women are unqualified for the position.

I worked for this company for several years. I started out as a grocery clerk and fought my way up the management ladder. When I finally got to the position I wanted to be at I was offered an insulting pay rate that was half of what the man who I was taking over for made. I was twice as qualified, educated and experienced than the man who I replaced and yet I still made half of his salary. He was a friend of mine and had told me his rate so that I could negotiate my pay with some idea of what I was worth. When I went to negotiate the pay they only increased by 3% and then told me if I don't like it I must not want the position. The other negative I encountered was that my superior called me while I was at home constantly! I don't think I ever had a day off without being in contact with my boss. I was also often blocked from using my vacation time because nobody else could pull my weight. The years I spent here taught me a lot about myself and where my limits for my employers should be set.

After purchasing Sunflower Farmers Market, a competitor, Sprouts promptly terminated most of the female management staff including more experienced leaders than the male replacements that were hired, (at higher pay I might add). Minorities were also sorely lacking in leadership and home office staff.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Sprouts Farmers Market?