3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 5 days ago on Dec. 2, 2019

Financial Risk & Regulatory - Manager (Financial Services)

Full-time in New York City, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Balance Sheet Management practice, within Financial Risk and Regulatory services, will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed a proactive and dynamic risk management capability and mind set into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology so they can leverage financial risk management to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition. Our team provides our clients with gap assessments as well as design and implement processes to facilitate asset and liability management, funding and liquidity planning and stress testing, and capital management. You’ll help build tools that enable our clients to efficiently utilise capital and liquidity resources, consistent with regulatory expectations.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Degree Preferred:

Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Criminology

Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success of how to lead or facilitate relevant project management or client consultations in the areas of Risk Management, specifically assessing the effectiveness of a client's overall model risk management program, including:
- Security analysis and risk management principals;
- Security planning and compliance requirements;
- Continuity of operations planning, and/or;
- Emergency response and recovery planning and operations;
- Effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate key model risks and offer process improvement.

Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with designing and implementing process improvement solutions and analyzing financial and/or accounting environment, leveraging PC applications including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes, where applicable, including:
- Evaluating programmatic operations and processes;
- Obtaining, processing, and analyzing large data sets;
- Assessing the quality, comparability, and utility of different datasets;
- Writing and delivering results to prospective clients or team members.

Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.

Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.