3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Merger and Acquisition Tax Manager - San Francisco

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You’ll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.

Responsibilities

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
  • Be involved in the financial management of clients
  • Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
  • Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
  • Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
  • Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
  • Train, coach, and supervise staff
  • Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
  • Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

Additional Educational Requirements:
A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting

4 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Active Member of the Bar

Degree Preferred:
Juris Doctorate

Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success leading consulting engagements in the following areas: - Partnerships, mergers and acquisitions; and, - Partnership Taxation and both qualitative and quantitative analysis related to partnerships.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: - Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to partnerships (Subchapter K), technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda, and quantitative analysis related to the tax implications of partnership transactions; - Identifying and addressing client needs; - Developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation, and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; - Preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; - Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection. - Leading teams to generate a vision; - Establishing direction and motivating members; - Leveraging diverse views and coaching staff; and, - Encouraging improvement and innovation.

Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.

Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements

Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.