3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Feb. 27, 2020

Insourced Solutions for Tax - SALT Sr Associate - Albany

Full-time in Albany, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 6,016 ratings from 404 employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You’ll help with assessing our client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules. Our team helps our clients transform risk and compliance related to state and local taxes into a business advantage by aligning their state tax plan with the business strategy. You’ll help with issues related to abandoned and unclaimed property, income and franchise tax, payroll and employment tax, credits and incentives, and indirect tax.

As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
  • Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
  • Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
  • Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
  • Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
  • Share relevant thought leadership.
  • Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
  • Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs

3 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Taxation

Certification(s) Preferred:
CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA or Active Member of the Bar.

Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success with state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, income tax accounting, controversies, restructuring, due diligence and audit defense.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging FAS 109, MS Excel modeling, unitary filing, apportionment methodologies, tax base rules, tax research, and compliance and consulting as they relates to multi-state jurisdictions;
- Identifying and addressing client needs;
- Participating actively in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services;
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and,
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.

As a tax technical professional, demonstrates ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.

Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to: - innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.

Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process - including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax