3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Senior Python/Django Web Application Developer

Full-time in Arlington, VA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Product Engineering practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the design and development of our technology products and solutions.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

Required Fields of Study:
Computer Engineering, Computer and Information Science

3 year(s)

Required Knowledge and Skills:

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in roles performing software development which includes, but is not limited to, the following aspects of software development:

• Understanding Python with web application development with Django; and,
  • Understanding Modern Javascript frameworks, e.g. Angular/Aurelia/React.

Additional Educational Preferences:

Other fields of study may be considered.

• Django web development;
  • Software configuration management including GIT, Maven, or similar;
  • Data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design;
  • Agile software development model;
  • Linux basic systems administration;
  • Javascript + any modern JS framework;
  • Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Azure GCP and Azure preferred)(Message bus technology such as Google PubSub, Apache Kafka,or RabbitMQ;
  • Elasticsearch;
  • Postgresql or MySQL;
  • Design and implementation of REST API services;
  • OAuth, SAML 2.0; and,
  • SQL and No-SQL database systems and development including knowledge of RDBMS and usage of stored procedures.

Demonstrates thorough extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs in a consulting role, with experience in the following areas:

• Demonstrating ability to navigate OS, review system logs, review running processes and open network connections;
  • Writing tests in development for Agile framework required (i.e. unit tests);
  • Preparing and coordinating complex written documentation of code changes and the impact to forward deployed engineers and end users;
  • Using data to hypothesize its meaning during the development process; and,
  • Speaking and/or presenting to team, business and technology personnel, and clear communication when writing.