3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Financial Services Tax - Seasonal Manager - Minneapolis

Full-time in Minneapolis, MN

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Flexibility Talent Network practice will focus on directly supporting our client engagement teams by attracting qualified candidates for short term or defined period opportunities. This unique career option provides an alternative to year round employment for people who are looking to pursue meaningful experiences or responsibilities outside their time with PwC.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

A role in our Financial Services Tax practice will provide the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. Our team helps clients navigate the frequently changing & complex tax environment related to stringent capital requirements & management of operational tax risks. You’ll help our clients with tax structuring while addressing the challenges of the continuously changing tax world.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

Additional Educational Requirements:
Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations

3 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent, or Member of the Bar.

Working knowledge and experience in several of the following areas: Compliance and consulting for investment partnerships including hedge funds, mutual funds and private equity funds, alternative investment strategies and vehicles, tax issues affecting either the domestic or international banking industry, public accounting practices, internal domestic banking tax departments or internal foreign banking, tax compliance and consulting services for the real estate industry, produce and review real estate partnership tax returns, investment trust corporate returns, and tax research methods including but not limited to Westlaw, RIA and CCH.

Proficient in several of the following technical skills: Preparation of partnership tax forms and Forms K1, 1040, FAS 109, FIN 48, and the banking industry, providing tax services to real estate owners, developers, and publically traded REITs. Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings.