3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Financial Services - Investment Management - Tax Associate

Full-time in New York City, NY
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Financial Services Tax practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our Financial Services clients navigate the frequently changing and complex national and international tax environment related to stringent capital requirements, management of operational tax risks, and tax implications of investing in different jurisdictions. You’ll help our clients with their tax structuring while helping to address the challenges of the continuously changing tax world, both locally and globally.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner. - Share and collaborate effectively with others. - Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements. - Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance. - Follow risk management and compliance procedures. - Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area. - Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form. - Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

Additional Educational Requirements:
Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations

1 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA

Working knowledge of partnership compliance.

Some technical skills with the preparation of partnership tax Forms, including K-1 and 1040. Working experience identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor. Working experience as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.

As a tax technical professional, experience researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.

Exposure with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to: - innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax