3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 19, 2020

Workday Financial Services Director

Full-time in San Francisco, CA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Workday Finance practice, within Workday Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients leverage Workday technology as a tool to enhance and unify Human Resources, talent management, and finance. We focus on understanding the forces shaping their business and developing industry tailored solutions that support our clients through the entire lifecycle of the Workday implementation. In joining, you’ll be a part of a team that helps our clients reinvent their financial management capabilities and drive change across their businesses. Acting as a true business partner, we get to know their business so they can achieve business process optimisation and gain access to a full range of financial capabilities, relevant analytics and metrics, and fully auditable process management that delivers accurate and timely financial information for confident decision making with Workday.

As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others' learning and development.
  • Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
  • Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
  • Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
  • Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
  • Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
  • Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

10 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting

Certification(s) Preferred:
Workday Services functional certification and/or engagement manager certification, CPA

Demonstrates proven prior success in roles managing or utilizing Workday directly for at least three years.

Demonstrates proven expertise with, and extensive success in roles with increasing leadership to manage, assisting large companies with improving the performance of their finance organization. This includes improving the delivery of finance services, implementing finance technologies, aligning finance strategy with business strategies, streamlining and standardizing finance policies, practices, and processes, transforming the finance organization to be more effective in supporting the business.

Demonstrates expert-level abilities and proven success with leading several cloud-based financial system implementations (e.g., Workday, NetSuite, Fusion, Intacct), acting as the project manager or lead.

Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities and success to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.

Demonstrates proven success and extensive abilities with advising global organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting, which includes the following:
- Process improvement in, industry knowledge, and applications, of at least one of the following focus areas; shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, and talent management -Business intelligence and performance management software tools -Strategy development as well as leveraging PC applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and business levels of fluency in multiple languages to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including development and delivery of business proposals, conferences and whitepapers. -Identification, obtainment and processing of critical data (e.g. benchmarks) to challenge the status quo through innovative thought leadership in the application of standard industry practice solutions for high performing finance functions, including the following: -Internal and external reporting; -People and organization structures; -Performance management, budgeting and forecasting capabilities; -Cash flow optimization and the use of capital; and, -Maintenance and building of cost-effective controls Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and/or success with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. Demonstrates extensive abilities and proven success as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.