3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Tampa Acceleration Center - Assurance Project Manager

Full-time in Tampa, FL

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Assurance Service Delivery Centre is the natural extension of PwC’s leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagements.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

5 year(s)

Required Knowledge and Skills:

Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of, and/or success in roles leading a team through, the full project life-cycle, from analysis of front end governance/controls, through mid-project cost and schedule assessments, to back end dispute resolution services, as well as having led successfully the following areas:

• Understanding project governance, e.g. organizational and process aspects;
  • Understanding risk management and analysis, e.g. risk register, risk modeling, root cause analysis, issue management, prudency reviews;
  • Understanding construction project management and controls, e.g. schedule and cost control, change management;
  • Understanding complex schedule analytics, e.g. critical path, schedule compression/time-cost trade-off, change impacts;
  • Understanding performance metrics and project reporting; and,
  • Understanding project technology, e.g. project and portfolio management, applications to quantify cause and effect of delays Demonstrates a proven track record of including industry-leading practices to improve project performance and identify and implement process improvements that can help clients achieve their business requirements.

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Certification(s) Preferred:

PMP or CAPM

Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with leading diverse, cross-functional teams in establishing, monitoring, and controlling projects for both individual projects and aggregated portfolios, including the following:

• Building high performing teams, including providing meaningful written and verbal real-time feedback;
  • Managing multiple projects and teams concurrently;
  • Developing innovative solutions to complex problems, independently and proactively;
  • Utilizing multiple technologies, e.g. project control tools, statistics and risk packages, and Microsoft Office suite and Google suite;
  • Managing project workflow, resources, and budgets;
  • Communicating technical or complex concepts in a clear manner, verbally and in writing, to advance business initiatives, including a proven record of the following results;
  • Developing deliverables that effectively convey complex concepts;
  • Leading the development of change management and communications targeted at a variety of staff levels and leaders; and,
  • Presenting at internal meetings, including Executive and staff meetings.