3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Japanese Business Network Audit Mngr - PCS - National

Full-time in Cincinnati, OH
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone. - Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty. - Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development. - Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations. - Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations. - Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations. - Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients. - Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties - Focus on building trusted relationships. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Assurance provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

5 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA license. International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US senior manager in that PwC affiliate firm.

Required Knowledge and Skills:
Business level fluency in the Japanese language (spoken and written).

Thorough knowledge and exposure to the common business and accounting issues facing non-publicly traded companies in the manufacturing, distribution and services industry. These issues include but are not limited to: mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entrepreneurship, funding requirements, growth objectives and exit strategies. Technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).

Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
Technical Capabilities
- Applying extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Driving the development of the audit approach, including the application of applicable auditing standards and firm audit methodology;
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements;
- Operating with a high-degree of professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity - including considering the big picture to understand potential for fraud and material disclosure omissions; and,
- Creating and managing a full implementation plan.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
Business Acumen
- Continuously deepening and broadening business know-how, how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view;
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends;
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations; and,
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks.
Global Acumen
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own, leveraging this information to adapt effectively their working styles; - Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges; and,
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations. Leadership
- Taking the initiative to participate and seek to influence positively the outcome;
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals;
- Helping others plan their development, how they will achieve their professional and personal goals;
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others, bringing conflict into the open to enhance the quality of decisions and team effectiveness; and,
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment.
Relationships
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals;
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships, including those beyond the immediate sphere of interaction;
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients; and,
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches.
So want to learn more? http://PwC.to/ whatwedo

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.