3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 5 months ago on April 9, 2020

international Tax Manager

Full-time in New York City, NY

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 6,269 ratings from 421 employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

Additional Educational Requirements:

A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting

5 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:

CPA, Enrolled Agent or Active Member of the Bar

Demonstrates extensive-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs including:

• Assisting companies to understand and assess the tax impact of company business, operations and transactions in multiple jurisdictions;
  • Demonstrating considerable knowledge of Corporate and/or partnership taxation, including tax research, compliance and consulting with an international taxation environment;
  • Demonstrating considerable knowledge of quantitative analyses including earning and profit studies, subpart F, GILTI, FDII and foreign tax credit computations, foreign tax reporting and international taxation compliance regulations, and the practices of public accounting firms, law firms or multinational company corporate tax departments;
  • Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
  • Communicating value propositions;
  • Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
  • Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
  • Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
  • Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as tax technical business advisor, including:

• Developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset; and,
  • Having preferred familiarity with a CRM system.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including the following areas:

• Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
  • Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
  • Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements; and,
  • Demonstrating knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.