3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Private Company Services Tax - Director - Los Angeles

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.

Responsibilities

As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
  • Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
  • Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
  • Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
  • Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
  • Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
  • Responsibility for management of engagement financials
  • Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting

8 year(s)

Certification(s) Required:
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar

Extensive knowledge of the complex tax issues faced by non-publically traded companies in the manufacturing, distribution, and services sectors. Extensive knowledge of day to day compliance and consulting for a variety of entities including corporations, partnerships, pass through entities, individual and Subchapter S corporations.

Extensive technical skills with FAS 109. Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection. Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.