Get Matched Hiring

3.3 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
3.0 Ability to Telecommute
2.9 Flexible Work Hours
2.4 Female Representation in Top Leadership

Comments

I don't know how it is in our others offices around the world, but here in London I feel respected and valued by my team. I have not had any bad situations with any of my team, but know that if I ever did I have many many people to whom I could do to for immediate help and support. My manager, director and team-mates are all people I respect and for whom am very grateful (although of course I, and all minorities in tech, should be able to take being treated well at work for granted, given its rarity I'm gonna shout out my gratitude!). When attitudes of inclusion, diversity and respect come from the Top they tend to get traction; while there are still (many) kinks to be worked out in most offices, I feel that support and respect for cis-women and LGBQ people (I cannot speak for POCs, transmen or transwomen), is of genuine concern for the company.

The percentage of women & minorities in the Denver office is very low (~10%), so despite slightly more favorable company-wide numbers this office still feels like your typical tech dudetown. There is good conversation and support for D&I initiatives even if the hiring follow-through has not happened yet.

The Palo Alto office doesn't have a lot of women around, but the company is trying to fix that and I have seen them make active efforts to hire more women in all types of roles. Generally I feel like I am supported and respected here.

Any woman who works in technology knows what it's like to have male colleagues who condescend to her, ignore her, or worse. At Pivotal, you get to PAIR PROGRAM with those colleagues. ALL DAY.

Pivotal Labs is open, responsive and proactive in diversity and inclusion efforts. From really positive and inclusive emails from the CEO after current non-inclusive political events, to grassroots efforts from D&I teams, Labs has always felt like a place where I could thrive as a young woman. I have been lucky to have several female leaders in the office and the leadership (at least locally) is diverse in background, gender and age. I think Labs is a place that I can move forward in my career without facing anywhere near the level of bias against my gender that I have felt in other workplaces.

Together We Can Build Something Meaningful

Pivotal is where some of the world's best technologists are bringing the transformative power of software to enterprises and industries across the globe. Our 2,000+ employees across 19 offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software. Building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflects our values (Do The Right Thing, Do What Works, Be Kind) and fosters a collaborative work environment where everyone can succeed.

Do The Right Thing: It’s not about us. It’s about user experiences. We don’t make decisions based on titles or chains of command. We work together, test, and do the right thing.

Do What Works: Our approach to software development is refreshing because we apply a methodology of continuous improvement—testing, iterating, making the call, shipping, and moving on to what’s next.

Be Kind: We write software for humans. We walk in customers’ shoes. We build things, fix things, and collaborate. We value empathy and respect others.

This information is provided by Pivotal Software, Inc

• Flexible vacation policy
  • 10 sick days

• Tuition reimbursement
  • Professional development budget for conferences, books, classes, etc.
  • Tuesday tech talks

• Standing desks, ergonomic chairs
  • On-site yoga classes
  • Fitness discounts
  • Health Management Portal
  • Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

• Fully stocked kitchen with tons of snacks and beverages
  • Ping pong, pool tables, and bicycles
  • Free catered breakfast daily, free lunches and themed events
  • Happy hours and frequent team events
  • Perks at Work: Employee Discount Program

Pivotal Software, Inc Is Hiring

Software Engineer (Pivotal Labs)

Full-time | Washington, D.C.
Details