Pivotal Software, Inc logo

Pivotal Software, Inc

3.6 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 1001 to 5000 Employees

InHerSight Ratings

Scores for Pivotal Software, Inc are based on 592 ratings from 40 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for Pivotal Software, Inc

Definitely a great place to work if you can find a way to make the hours work for you. Telecommuting is basically out for most positions, and the flexible vacation policy definitely has limits that are lower than you might expect.

The company doesn't do cost of living adjustments, they base pay off of what "similar companies" pay in the area.

I really like working here, and enjoy each of my co-workers.

I don't know how it is in our others offices around the world, but here in London I feel respected and valued by my team. I have not had any bad situations with any of my team, but know that if I ever did I have many many people to whom I could do to for immediate help and support. My manager, director and team-mates are all people I respect and for whom am very grateful (although of course I, and all minorities in tech, should be able to take being treated well at work for granted, given its rarity I'm gonna shout out my gratitude!). When attitudes of inclusion, diversity and respect come from the Top they tend to get traction; while there are still (many) kinks to be worked out in most offices, I feel that support and respect for cis-women and LGBQ people (I cannot speak for POCs, transmen or transwomen), is of genuine concern for the company.

The percentage of women & minorities in the Denver office is very low (~10%), so despite slightly more favorable company-wide numbers this office still feels like your typical tech dudetown. There is good conversation and support for D&I initiatives even if the hiring follow-through has not happened yet.

The Palo Alto office doesn't have a lot of women around, but the company is trying to fix that and I have seen them make active efforts to hire more women in all types of roles. Generally I feel like I am supported and respected here.

Any woman who works in technology knows what it's like to have male colleagues who condescend to her, ignore her, or worse. At Pivotal, you get to PAIR PROGRAM with those colleagues. ALL DAY.

Pivotal Software, Inc logo

Together We Can Build Something Meaningful

Pivotal is where some of the world's best technologists are bringing the transformative power of software to enterprises and industries across the globe. Our 2,000+ employees across 19 offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software. Building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflects our values (Do The Right Thing, Do What Works, Be Kind) and fosters a collaborative work environment where everyone can succeed.

Do The Right Thing: It’s not about us. It’s about user experiences. We don’t make decisions based on titles or chains of command. We work together, test, and do the right thing.

Do What Works: Our approach to software development is refreshing because we apply a methodology of continuous improvement—testing, iterating, making the call, shipping, and moving on to what’s next.

Be Kind: We write software for humans. We walk in customers’ shoes. We build things, fix things, and collaborate. We value empathy and respect others.

This information is provided by Pivotal Software, Inc

• Flexible vacation policy
  • 10 sick days

• Tuition reimbursement
  • Professional development budget for conferences, books, classes, etc.
  • Tuesday tech talks

• Standing desks, ergonomic chairs
  • On-site yoga classes
  • Fitness discounts
  • Health Management Portal
  • Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

• Fully stocked kitchen with tons of snacks and beverages
  • Ping pong, pool tables, and bicycles
  • Free catered breakfast daily, free lunches and themed events
  • Happy hours and frequent team events
  • Perks at Work: Employee Discount Program

Jobs at Pivotal Software, Inc

Pivotal Software, Inc has no jobs listed at this time.

Pivotal Software, Inc is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area that employs 1001 to 5000 people. Pivotal Software, Inc has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 592 ratings from 40 current or former employees. 12 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like Pivotal Software, Inc and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.