Sr Financial Analyst
In this role, you have the opportunity to
proactively work together with the Finance Business Partners on timely and accurate core deliverable and initiates improvement projects across organizational lines. Makes sure that changes in the business (e.g. reporting structure) are properly reflected into reporting systems. Initiates and designs FP&A processes within a domain or region and ensures efficacy and efficiency of these processes within the sector / region. Initiates the harmonization of reporting, (scenario) analysis, financial planning process, business cases and continuous process improvements. Provides in-depth understanding of the business by translating variances into action.
- Proactively supports strategy execution by delivering meaningful, accurate and timely reporting & analysis on business performance, thereby supporting relevant stakeholders (Businesses, Market, Operations Team) to ensure correct allocation of costs and to make fact-based sound business decisions. Area of focus is around packaging and distribution activities for the Philips Personal Health business in the North America Market.
- Translates financial targets to non-finance partners for business planning; tracks target realization and drives corrective action.
- Responsible for financial performance planning process (Forecast, Annual Plan) of Packaging, Warehousing and Distribution costs and report out to Supply Chain Management including the PH Commercial Supply Chain lead.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization
- Monitors accounting done by Accounting Operations group to ensure compliance with Philips Accounting Principles. Determines and executes allocation methodology for shared cost across businesses.
- Provides guidance for internal controls; delivers support for internal and external audit activities and audit preparation.
- Key finance support for ad hoc projects, such as evaluation, selection, implementation and measurement of 3rd party partners, and cost savings initiatives.
- Utilizes LEAN techniques for process improvement.
- Acts as Finance Business Partner for warehousing, transportation and packaging cost flows.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a Business Economics, Finance and/or Accounting orientated study
- Working experience with financial control, management reporting and business analyses, preferably within an international environment and complex organizational structure.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to utilize financial expertise to influence operational leadership
- Intellectual capacity to digest complex information, see trends and analysis through data.
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, and ERP (SAP preferred).
- Ability to see trends and implement change
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- LEAN capabilities
- Experience in a Supply Chain environment preferred
This role is part of the global Financial Planning and Analysis team, Center of Excellence for Operations.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)