Automation Maintenance Technician
This automation maintenance technician will perform routine diagnostic checks (PM) on automated systems, monitor automated systems, isolate problems and perform mechanical, electronic, and computerized repairs. If a problem occurs, the technician needs to troubleshoot the issue and determine if the problem is mechanical, electrical or from the computer systems controlling the process. Once the issue has been diagnosed, the technician must repair or replace any necessary components, such as a sensor or electrical wiring and implement solutions that will prevent the problems from recurring.
- Assembling and commissioning fixtures, equipment, machines, and robotic equipment
- Assisting with applications development
- Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic issues; adjusting when needed
- Material Fabrication
- Maintaining and servicing equipment
- Documenting any changes providing assembly feedback to engineering
We are looking for
- A minimum of 8+ years experience troubleshooting and maintaining automated equipment, experience with KUKA and Universal robots desired
- High school diploma or GED
- Completed an automation technology or mechatronics associate degree program which includes coursework in hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, electrical machinery and human-machine interfaces
- Good math and analytic skills to understand automated systems and isolate problems
- Proficient with various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multimeters
- Knowledge of materials and fabrication utilizing mills, lathe, drill press, welding, soldering, and cutting equipment
- Familiarity with controls and software concept
- Understanding of GD&T, Y14.5M-2009, ISO 13485 and GMP
- Documenting any changes providing assembly feedback to engineering.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with proper use of machine and hand tools.
- Good organizational skills
- Highly motivated
- Takes pride in their work
- Ability to work and even thrive in ambiguity and unrefined requirements
- Ability to take accountability for successes and failures
- Innovative and ambitious
- Affinity for tough problems and challenges
- Does not get discouraged by change or failures
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)