3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 7 months ago on April 22, 2019

Automation Maintenance Technician

Full-time in Ontario, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,061 ratings from 73 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Automation Maintenance Technician

Your challenge

This automation maintenance technician will perform routine diagnostic checks (PM) on automated systems, monitor automated systems, isolate problems and perform mechanical, electronic, and computerized repairs. If a problem occurs, the technician needs to troubleshoot the issue and determine if the problem is mechanical, electrical or from the computer systems controlling the process. Once the issue has been diagnosed, the technician must repair or replace any necessary components, such as a sensor or electrical wiring and implement solutions that will prevent the problems from recurring.

Responsibilities include:

• Assembling and commissioning fixtures, equipment, machines, and robotic equipment
  • Assisting with applications development
  • Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic issues; adjusting when needed
  • Material Fabrication
  • Maintaining and servicing equipment
  • Documenting any changes providing assembly feedback to engineering

We are looking for

• A minimum of 8+ years experience troubleshooting and maintaining automated equipment, experience with KUKA and Universal robots desired
  • High school diploma or GED
  • Completed an automation technology or mechatronics associate degree program which includes coursework in hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, electrical machinery and human-machine interfaces
  • Good math and analytic skills to understand automated systems and isolate problems
  • Proficient with various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multimeters
  • Knowledge of materials and fabrication utilizing mills, lathe, drill press, welding, soldering, and cutting equipment
  • Familiarity with controls and software concept
  • Understanding of GD&T, Y14.5M-2009, ISO 13485 and GMP
  • Documenting any changes providing assembly feedback to engineering.
  • Understanding of lean manufacturing methodologies.
  • Excellent problem-solving skills.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Experience with proper use of machine and hand tools.
  • Good organizational skills
  • Highly motivated
  • Takes pride in their work
  • Ability to work and even thrive in ambiguity and unrefined requirements
  • Ability to take accountability for successes and failures
  • Innovative and ambitious
  • Affinity for tough problems and challenges
  • Does not get discouraged by change or failures

Our offer
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.

Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Apply Today!

Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers

Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.

If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password  button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to careersite@philips.com