3.4 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Technical Project Manager

Full-time in Carlsbad, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 970 ratings from 66 current or former employees. 22 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Technical Project Manager

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

Be an integral member of Philips Therapeutic Care business focused on hospital respiratory care.  This position plans, conducts and provides project management expertise to one or more projects of significant importance and difficulty where the scope, complexity, risk, and investment involved requires the broad application of intermediate knowledge.

Roles and Responsibilities:

• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop project plans, forecasts and/or budgets, and timelines (milestones).
  • Partner and lead the cross functional team for technical projects for product life cycle management as well as new products.
  • Coordinate activities/tasks and resources across all departments including R&D, Operations, Clinical Affairs, Marketing, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs;
  • Develop, track and report on project plan, detailed project schedule, change control requests, and project deliverables;
  • Provides comprehensive tracking and monitoring for project team using project management expertise and tools;
  • Monitor compliance to medical device design control and product development process for all aspects of program;
  • Use appropriate communication tools to ensure that all project customers are informed of project status;
  • Negotiate with stakeholders to ensure positive response and agreement, striving for win-win situations;
  • Facilitate risk management of projects and escalation/mitigation of significant deviations;
  • Facilitate project team meetings with agendas, minutes and action items; and
  • Assure that extended team project support activities of functional teams are aligned with the project plan.

You are a part of:

You will report to the Director of Program Management for Philips Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC) Business Unit (BU). The HRC team rolls up under Philips Therapeutic Care (TC) business.  Our solutions are helping caregivers and lay responders both inside and outside the hospital. We are the number one provider of therapeutic care solutions, saving and improving more and more lives every year.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline (electrical, mechanical, physics, software, etc.);
  • 5+ years of relevant experience;
  • Experience working in a hardware and software medical device regulated environment;
  • Experience working in a matrix organization;
  • Excellent interpersonal communications skills;
  • PMP certification preferred but not required;
  • Experience with team collaboration tools and project management fundamentals;
  • Ability to problem solve and pay attention to details; and
  • Must be proficient in MS Office Applications, MS Project and MS Visio.

In return, we offer you:

At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.

Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.