Payless ShoeSource

1.9
1.7
1.6
1.6

Comments

I was never given an appropriate place to breast pump at work and felt pressured from my supervisor to stop as soon as possible. She also pressured me to not take my full 8 weeks of maternity leave (that wasn't compensated anyhow). When i was pregnant I was told I needed to commute a hour and a half to train other managers weekly "until my water broke," despite my job title and pay grade of just being a store manager with an actual commute of under 10 minutes. I was only excused when I asked my OBGYN to write a note when I was 39 weeks pregnant because I was so afraid of going into labor on the highway so far from home. Payless ShoeSource is NOT mother friendly.

If you are too assertive you’re a bitch, and if you’re not assertive enough you’re complacent

There were multiple instances where a male employee at the same or lower level would get high praise,without even assessing their work throughout the day or their numbers, while I and other female coworkers and superiors would be chastised for not making sales goals or would be “checked on” much more regularly.

Anonymous Rater

Payless is very much like any other retail employer. There are good things and bad things about working for Payless. However, like most other retail companies, Payless provides little opportunity for store associates and managers to provide insight or opinion towards innovation. Although all locations should be similar to provide company continuity, each market has different clients and not every store is built for their specific market. I left the company because I felt I was capable of more and was not provided the opportunity to use my skills and knowledge to the best of my ability.

I work for a retail company that sells shoes.I worked here for almost two years. I got a 401 k. I have wonderful co workers that are nice to work with.

Anonymous Rater

Work in HR or Recruiting for Payless ShoeSource?