Payless ShoeSource

1.9
1.7
1.6
1.6

Comments

There were multiple instances where a male employee at the same or lower level would get high praise,without even assessing their work throughout the day or their numbers, while I and other female coworkers and superiors would be chastised for not making sales goals or would be “checked on” much more regularly.

Anonymous Rater

Payless is very much like any other retail employer. There are good things and bad things about working for Payless. However, like most other retail companies, Payless provides little opportunity for store associates and managers to provide insight or opinion towards innovation. Although all locations should be similar to provide company continuity, each market has different clients and not every store is built for their specific market. I left the company because I felt I was capable of more and was not provided the opportunity to use my skills and knowledge to the best of my ability.

I work for a retail company that sells shoes.I worked here for almost two years. I got a 401 k. I have wonderful co workers that are nice to work with.

Anonymous Rater

I loved my job...the only reason I left is because my store wd in the first wave of closings.

The pay sucks, the hours can suck depending on how your manager is. Over all a decent place to work while in school but if you need to pay rent and/or student loans you're going to be hurting.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Payless ShoeSource?