Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 24, 2020

Senior Hardware Engineer Board Design (SASE SD-WAN)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

As a key contributor in the Platform Hardware development team, you will be responsible for the complete design cycle of Palo Alto Networks firewall products including: specification; component selection; schematic entry; layout oversight; prototype bring-up, debug, and verification testing. You will work in an interdisciplinary team including: mechanical engineering, signal integrity, layout, and compliance. You will also work cross-functionally with product management, software, operations and quality assurance.

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• 7+ years’ experience in new hardware development
    • Proven success in full design-cycle ownership from concept to production release
    • Proven success in design, bring-up, and debug of new PCB designs
    • Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment
    • Experience in design for low-cost, high volume products
    • Experience in network product design
    • Experience in embedded system design
    • Experience in integrated WiFi design
    • Experience with LTE and 5G radio integration
    • Experience with Power over Ethernet
    • Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent experience

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-MB2

Additional Information

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.