Posted a month ago on Sept. 16, 2020

Federal Solutions Architect

Full-time in Washington, D.C.

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

As a Solutions Architect (SA) at Palo Alto Networks, you are responsible for improving the productivity of our sales teams through the creation and delivery of business-relevant security conversations to our key prospects and customers.  As a thought leader, you will address IT-related issues by leveraging Palo Alto Networks technologies in a way that creates differentiated business value. As a trusted advisor, you will provide valuable insights and education on effective risk reduction, compliance, governance, and cost reduction through a prevention first security approach based on the Palo Alto Networks security platform.

The SAs’ value is measured in their ability to increase sales productivity by:

● Setting and driving an agenda with the customer, both directly and through the Federal Sales Teams, as well as within the market through various public speaking engagements.

● Uncovering new technology applications and use cases and aiding in the creation of presentations, documents, and deliverables that will illustrate value to prospects and customers and the Palo Alto Networks sales teams

● Uncovering and documenting technological/business value gaps between the Palo Alto Networks platform and competitive offerings and communicating these to the wider Palo Alto Networks Sales organization.

● Interface with Product Management to discover and fill current shortcomings in our product suite as well as requirements for future strategic market segments.

The role will require close coordination with Sales, Palo Alto Networks’ Sales Engineering leadership, Product Management, Marketing, Channel Partners, and the Consulting Engineering team.  This is a senior technical role in the field and value produced must be obvious and recurrent.  Customers and Sales Teams will ask for you by name.

Responsibilities​:

● Increase sales productivity - Impact, success, and compensation is measured against America's Federal Sales goals.

● Engage directly with key prospects and customers as a security expert to penetrate white-space accounts and expand Palo Alto Networks’ install base through the Identification, qualification, and closure of opportunities

● Work directly with the local account teams on strategic pursuits to develop differentiated sales strategies based on opportunity specific business and technical drivers

● Work with the Sales Teams on strategic opportunities to on the development and delivery of differentiated proposals which clearly demonstrate the business and technical value of the Palo Alto Networks Security Platform
● Engage and establish an advisory relationship with key Manager, Director, VP, and CXO contacts at strategic customers to assist them in the pursuit of a preventative security posture

● Educate prospects and customers as to how the security landscape is constantly changing and how it will continue to change due to evolving threat vectors, change in networking technologies (virtualized data centers, public cloud, SaaS, etc.), and enterprise outsourcing of IT resources

● Lead monthly thought leadership calls with the America’s Federal Sales Team sharing insights and effective sales approaches derived through customer engagement to improve the Sales Teams’ effectiveness in communicating and closing business with prospects and clients

● Document and distribute proven insights and approaches for broader Sales Team consumption.

● Provide summarized and business-relevant feedback into Product Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Marketing, and Field Marketing based on customer engagements to improve Palo Alto Networks effectiveness in communicating its value proposition to prospects and clients

● Engage in continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (security, data center, SDN, public cloud, networking, endpoint, etc.)

Qualifications

Requirements

● Self-motivated.

● "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to close deals.

● Extensive knowledge in the network and endpoint security architectures, history, and trends.

● Knowledge of ancillary security areas such as identity management, SIEM, public, and private cloud architectures.

● Demonstrable experience in establishing credibility and strategic messaging with large enterprise customers

● BSCS or equivalent and 10+ years of experience as an end customer and/or as a vendor

● Solid fundamental networking background.

● Expect to travel 50%+ of the weeks in the fiscal year.

● Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.

● Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress.

● Super organizational skills.  ​

● Experience working with channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric go

Additional Information

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.