Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Director Controlplane/Dataplane (Consumer Products)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks's Consumer team is looking for a seasoned and accomplished engineering leader with experience building next generation security components to lead dataplane and controlplane development for new products that bring best-in-class enterprise-grade security to consumers.  You will lead a team of engineers architecting, designing and building solutions that bring the best technologies from next-gen firewalls and adapt them for consumer products.  You will work closely cross-functionally within the software team and also with product and quality assurance and others.

Your Impact

• Drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on execution, quality, and speed

• Evangelize the product vision internally and externally. Be able to represent the company, product, and team at all levels

• Work closely with the product management organization to develop and deliver on product roadmaps

• Lead cross-functionally to build the infrastructure to enable a portfolio of products

• Recognize process and product gaps early and able to drive changes to achieve better outcomes

• Strong executive presence and ability to champion ideas and initiatives

• Be a strong mentor and coach to the team

• Foster innovation in the organization

Qualifications

• Proficient in C/C++ and familiar with the Linux development environment.

• Experience on control plane development for network appliance or security appliance.

• Expertise on multi-threading programming, IPC and memory management on Linux.

• Familiar with TCP/IP networking and Linux network management.

• BS/MS in Computer Science, Other engineering/technical degree

• 10+ years of experience in highly technical roles in development at large organizations or innovative startups

• Experience with scaling Engineering processes across large-scale organization

• Demonstrated track record of success with building and retaining high performing teams

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Additional Preferred Experience

• Experience with developing network appliance’s components for policy, iptables, telemetry, logs, configuration.

• Experience and knowledge on WebSocket, gRPC, SSL/TLS.

• Experience in embedded system development.

• Familiar with shell script, Python, and/or Go programming.

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.