Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Manager and Producer of Internal Communications (R&D)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager and Producer to support the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and his leadership team.

In this role, you will devise creative solutions to help Palo Alto Networks Product leaders communicate the company’s strategy to their teams, the wider Palo Alto Networks audience, and at key external events. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues, break them down, and coach executives to then communicate those issues to their teams in written (emails, blog posts, FAQ) and spoken (strategy presentations, videos) forms. We are looking for someone who loves producing face-to-face event communications, including bringing words to life visually with beautiful presentations. You are equally focused on the people and the process that make meetings compelling. You can crisply summarize key ideas in writing and in person, to both executives and support staff. Keeping all the details in line and on time is your thing, yet you never lose sight of the big picture goals. This is a highly collaborative role, working with Product and cross-functional teams to keep audiences large and small engaged and informed.

A creative thinker who is excited by tech and innovation and the people that drive it, you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and has a proven track record building communications materials that inform as well as motivate employees. Experience in internal communications for a large organization is essential.

Your Impact

• Project manage events and scheduling, coordinate with event production teams and manage logistics, such as timely delivery of content, graphics/multimedia and other event-related materials.

• Design beautiful presentations and visuals to help tell stories at events and in written form.

• Communicate event details and decisions fluidly to many different audiences in multiple different ways (face-to-face meetings, emails, spreadsheets, etc.).

• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and executives.

• Display creativity and excellent communications judgment as you advise executives and team members.

• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all media and departments of the organization

• Plan, edit, and write content for occasional external events for the CPO and some of his leadership team.

Qualifications

• 2 to 5 years’ communications experience, with a focus on internal communications in a product organization preferred

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

• Outstanding presentation skills, with experience presenting to an executive audience

• Strong team player and creative thinker

• Highly organized and self-motivated individual who will oversee timely, first-rate execution

• Ability to work under pressure to adhere to tight, last-minute deadlines

Additional Information

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management team helps us do just that.

This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our Systems Engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in and helping to implement technical solutions based on our clients' feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.