Posted a month ago on Sept. 30, 2020

Global Solution Architect – Private Cloud Security

Full-time in Dallas, TX (Can work remote)

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. åWe are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

You will provide guidance and technical support to internal/external PS Consultants and clients deploying our Private Cloud based security integrations. You’ll act as the technical partner, providing strategic guidance around complex systems to secure a digital environment. Interacting directly with the Sales team and client, you’ll partner closely with client personnel to guide and suggest integrations to better serve their success. Your thorough understanding of Private Cloud concepts and technologies coupled with our product integrations contributes to the development of new principles, services and concepts – providing detailed analysis around what’s working, what’s not, and what could be better for feedback to the Product team.

The Professional Services Global Solution Architect for Private Cloud Security provides a mix of on-site customer facing Cloud architecture, design, and strategic deployment activities as well as internal solution development, enablement, and knowledge organization around securing Private Cloud Platforms.

The Global Solution Architect is a Private Cloud SME having security at heart and knows how to make best use of Cloud techniques to optimize Palo Alto Networks Platform for Cloud Consumption. Drive the development and the first deployments of new solutions.

The Global Solution Architect is responsible for organizing the knowledge and re-usable Intellectual Property across the worldwide community of Cloud Consultants. This is a highly technical role and will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network Platform and the Private Cloud Platforms it can be deployed on. The position also requires leadership skills, like communication, creativity, and inspiring commitment.

Your Impact

• Optimize the integration of the Palo Alto Networks Platform in Private Clouds (NSX, ACI, ESXi, Hyper-V, OpenStack, and Containers (Kubernetes/Docker), by identifying customers and market requirements, develop innovative technical solutions, and streamline those solutions for broader consumption from the entire PS organization, as well as our partners.
  • Handle Multi-Cloud complexity
  • Support pre-sales, demonstrating our ability to excel in the delivery of Private Cloud Security Projects and assist in scoping customer PS opportunities
  • Engage with customers in strategic engagements with a focus on new service validation
  • Build and maintain highly automated virtualized environment and demonstrate the value proposition of the proposed solution
  • Be the SME of Palo Alto Networks platform deployment in Private Clouds
  • Interact with Consulting Engineers on recommended architectures an DevOps options
  • Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams on new feature releases and provide feedback on current feature capabilities based on field experience/input
  • Build Global knowledge and grow expertise in Private Cloud Security deployments
  • Create and maintain training framework for Private Clouds
  • Follow, capture and communicate on global team innovation
  • Lead the build-out and maintenance a library of Intellectual Property with other PS field experts
  • Create methodologies, best practices and templates for the Private Cloud Platform deployments
  • Monitor utilization and effectiveness of those Intellectual Properties artifacts on a Global scale
  • Oversee key Private Cloud Projects, ensure successful completion and share lessons learned.
  • Share knowledge with Partners, and build mutually beneficial relationships
  • Regular Presentation in Practice meeting.
  • Develop and coach appropriate practice specialists and practice team members.
  • Lead Internal and Partner facing workshops.

Qualifications

Requirements

• BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Leadership skills, being able to generate enthusiasm and commitment
  • Minimum 3 years’ experience with Private Cloud Platforms Architecture and Deployment (NSX-v and NSX-T, VMware ESXi, and Cisco ACI)
  • Minimum 5 years’ experience in building/integrating security solutions in large environments
  • Minimum 12 years of Networking experience
  • Strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications
  • Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
  • Ability to lead a team on specific internal / customers projects
  • Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
  • Travel (40-50%) to corporate locations for meetings, enablement sessions, and other activities as well as to customer site for pre-sales, design and deployment of Palo Alto Network solutions as outlined by the statement of work (post Covid)

Desirable Requirements:

• Scripting experience - Python, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
  • Nutanix, Hyper-V and OpenStack Private Cloud Solutions
  • Demonstrated project leadership skill
  • VMWare Certifications (VCAP, VCDX)
  • Container solutions (Kubernetes and Docker)

Additional Information

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#li-JM1