Posted 2 months ago on May 12, 2020

Senior Crisis & Incident Manager

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

The Senior Crisis & Incident Manager is responsible for the management and support of crises and critical incidents that may impact Palo Alto Networks operations, products & services, and customer support.  During crisis events, the senior manager may be required to respond after normal business hours (weekends/evenings).  The senior manager is responsible for facilitating crisis management activations. The role will require collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Product Security, Global Customer Support, IT, and other required critical incident response leads.

Reporting to the Senior Director of Risk & Resilience, the Senior Crisis and Incident Manager will work cross-functionally as a trusted business partner and support the key aspects of the global crisis management program with a focus in product, technology, and customer support related incidents

Your Impact

• Support Global Crisis Preparedness and Management
    • Be the primary point of contact for crisis triage assessment and management during product and technology-related events or incidents
    • Schedule and facilitate the post-event debrief meetings to identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
    • Develop and maintain crisis management playbooks
    • Maintain product-related crisis team memberships in communication tools
    • Utilize our internal tools to track, analyze and report on incident data
    • Assist in the development and execution of crisis management exercises
  • Support Global Business Continuity programs
    • Work with key partners and functional leads to act as an additional contact for business continuity activities
    • Assist in the triage of incidents involving the business continuity team as appropriate
    • Assist with development, facilitation, and logistics of training and exercises in key product, IT and technology-related areas
    • Assist in the development of Technology Resilience Plans
  • Support Global Risk & Resilience Organization
    • Assist in developing and maintaining information on the risk & resilience internal website
    • Take on special risk projects as required
    • Assess emerging risks and/or reported internal concerns for mitigation considerations and crisis preparedness
    • Prepare quarterly reports and/or presentations for management review
    • Support other objectives as needed

Your Experience

• 2yrs or more of experience with Infosec, IT or Product Security  incident management
  • 5-10 years of experience in the areas of crisis management, crisis communications, incident response, emergency management, and business continuity preferably in the technology sector including SaaS services
  • Google suite and website experience preferred
  • Experience with Fusion Risk Management/Salesforce
  • Experience with mass notification/communication tools preferred
  • Significant experience with crisis/incident management
  • Ability to manage high-stress incidents including critical incidents involving operations, brand/reputation, and products.
  • Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills
  • Excellent organization and time management skills; highly effective in setting priorities
  • Individual initiative, self-direction and a record of accomplishment
  • Excellent English speaker, multilingual is a plus
  • Willing to travel approximately 10 to 20%
  • Bachelor requirement, master’s degree preferred in areas such as computer science, information technology, information security, etc.

The Team

Our Customer Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.