Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 11, 2020

Director, SP Technical GTM

Full-time in San Jose, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission......Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

As the Director of SP Technical GTM Solutions, you will be fully responsible for reviewing, developing, and driving execution of the company’s SP Technical GTM solution program, with the goal of growing the Americas Managed Services partners and enabling delivery of the company’s products and services through them. This is a unique opportunity for you to define the GTM process across Americas Service Providers and to provide Pre/Post sales enablement programs as well as new product adoption. A successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast and collaborative environment, has a proven track record of driving growth within the SP Channel and MSSP environment and has a strong knowledge of 5G and MEC solutions.

Your Impact

• Identifying, developing and optimizing route to market opportunities

• Capturing partner mind/wallet share through enablement, incentives and practice building

• Building an extended ecosystem capable of delivering customer outcomes

• Define and execute the partner management and development framework

• Define and execute the technical aspects of managed services offer lifecycle processes, NPI, sales and partner enablement, other GTM aspects.

• Collaborate with Product, Vertical Overlay, Channel, Field Sales, Finance, SalesOps, SP Operations, and CTO teams.

• Understand business & technical uses cases that increase partners investment in Palo Alto Networks

• Prioritize partner projects and influence where to invest for the greatest ROI

• Develop a ‘point of view’ on financial impacts, business trends, and new partner opportunities

• Evangelize partners as a critical RTM and help update assets for partner consumption

• Create enablement and practice building frameworks

• Be a central point and proactively interlock best practices / case studies across Districts

• Interface with internal stakeholders and external partner key contacts

• Be a channel subject matter expert for relevant acquisition integrations

• Understand offer roadmaps and insert the partner perspective into new product introductions

• Regularly interlock with field sales/channel teams to uncover new strategic needs and subsequently execute those via pilot initiatives, and lead Tiger Teams to drive those initiatives.

Qualifications

• Experience leading a direct and Matrix team with success
  • Experience in building, operating and supporting XaaS / consumption business models

• Prior experience in defining and rolling out operational processes across matrix organizations

• Experience in working with channel partners in the context of their managed services and security practices. Understand the channel partner MSP business model.

• Experience in helping channel partners develop and grow their managed services practices.

• Strong background in working with MSPs and MSSPs in the technology areas of network and cloud security.

• Excellent intellectual and analytical skills - ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new ways to solve problems. Prior management consulting, business development, or strategy & planning experiences are desired.

• Experience in field sales roles (e.g. direct, channels)

• A keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments

• Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs and processes at scale

• An understanding of strategy, industry, and market concepts (e.g. TAM, Competition)

• Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented

• Strong communication and presentation skills – an ability to represent new ideas and concepts to executive leaders

• Subject matter and technical expertise in Palo Alto Networks MSSP solutions

• Knowledge in new 5G and MEC based B2B solutions

The Team

We work together with the Global SP, GSI and Channels organizations to provide seamless solutions globally.  As part of the Americas Service Provider team, you find and create opportunities, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.

You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Additional Information

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.