At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Platform Software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will guide and participate in the design and development of our Next-Generation Firewall platforms. Responsibilities will include maintaining an overall diagnostic system architecture that allows for rapid development and deployment as new hardware platforms are released. You will oversee and participate in design and development of platform diagnostics software that is used by the Hardware team for Design Verification Tests (DVT) and Compliance tests to verify all Hardware components on the board with traffic. Diagnostics software is also used by the Manufacturing team for Hardware prototype tests and final unit production yields for FCS and subsequent customer shipments. You will also participate in platform bring-up (both pizza-box and chassis-based platforms), and the overall development of consistent platform software for all Next-Gen Firewall platforms.
As a Platform Software Lead Diagnostics Engineer, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation, test and field deployment. This includes developing functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and collaborating with cross-functional teams like ASIC, Hardware, Software Manufacturing and Quality assurance teams.
- Work start to finish on product design, starting with conceptualization through to implementation and deployment
- Innovate on new diagnostics features based on Hardware, Software, Manufacturing and Quality Engineering feedback
- Proactively identify diagnostics features for improvement and innovation
- Troubleshoot changes to the diagnostics product to ensure high quality output of product design
- Expert at designing complex software systems for long term sustainability, reusability, and scalability
- Expert level Python and C design/coding/debugging skills
- Expert at designing and developing Networking/Security equipment diagnostics software (both pizza-box and chassis-based systems)
- Experience with Kernel, Platform and user-space drivers, FPGA, Firmware, Switch/Fabric SDK
- Experience with building large-scale, multi-threaded software systems
- Experience with the development of software libraries
- Experience with Intel DPDK is a plus
- Ability to work well with senior engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture is a plus
- Related programming experience required
All your information will be kept
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
confidential according to EEO guidelines.