At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will be part of the team that develops the content to power the Palo Alto Networks’s next generation firewall. The content team is responsible for decoding network protocols, identifying applications and detecting threats on enterprise customers’ network.
As a member of the content team, you have the opportunity to work on different projects to enable customers to have full visibility on their network as well as prevent exploit, APT attacks and etc.
- Research protocol RFC and related application implementation
- Research and provide a defense mechanism against popular protocol/firewall evasions
- Research protocols and develops protocol decoder
- Research application behavior and write signature for app identification
- Research common file types and do identification, blocking and DLP
- Excellent understanding of common networking protocols such as HTTP, SSL, FTP and etc.
- Strong programming skills, C/C++ or go experience is preferred
- Knowledge of next generation firewall and its content engineHands on experience with common evasion tools/techniques such as stonesoft evader, Noxxi and etc.
- Familiar with common tools like wireshark, tcpdump, burp suite and etc.
- Experience with GCP is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.