Posted 2 months ago on Dec. 19, 2019

Systems Engineer - Channel

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,138 ratings from 79 current or former employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Systems Engineer - Channel
As a Palo Alto Networks Regional Channel Systems Engineer, you are a critical part of the sales, engineering and channel team. It is your responsibility to build channel strategies and solutions with assigned partners with a focus on their engineering teams and their needs. You will align and build relationships between the partner and Palo Alto Networks to create joint value.
You represent the company as the technical business leader tasked with building excitement and support for Palo Alto Networks with the partner’s sales and technical teams. You will travel and take ownership of the technical strategic relationship with our channel partners to align our portfolio offerings with them. You will develop plans of action to ensure partners are enabled on Palo Alto Networks products and will measure partner impact to grow our mutual success.
In the Regional Channel SE role, you will primarily work with partner technical leadership, Palo Alto Networks channel business and system engineering management to execute on your business plans. You will leverage the resources and teams available in Palo Alto Networks to help you drive channel partner technical excellence.
Responsibilities:
Ability to align partner needs and strategy with the value of Palo Alto Networks
Lead partner technical planning activities and the execution of technical business plans
Collaborate, contribute and support the Palo Alto Networks Channel Business Management team and their partner business plans
Position Palo Alto Networks with other technologies sold by partners
Provide technical enablement and training to strategic regional partners
Facilitate planning and preparation of partner Sales Engineers (SEs) in achieving Palo Alto Networks certifications
Act as a contact and, when applicable, escalation point for partner technical issues within Palo Alto Networks
Expectations:
Technical competence: Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development.
Business competence: Understands the challenges of channel partners and can leverage experience to help drive partner sales growth.
Leadership: Has the drive to show others by example. Demonstrates the ability to translate vision into action.
Communication skills: Has good writing and speaking skills, can create and deliver content for technical and non-technical audiences.
Attitude: Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
Teamwork: Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners. Engages and collaborates with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team.
Requirements:
Basic understanding of the partner business model and common financial pain points, such as profit margin, cash-flow, utilization, and days sales outstanding
Experience working closely with channel partners: resellers and distributors
Ability to quickly obtain strong overall Palo Alto Networks product knowledge and redistribute that knowledge
Has public speaking experience
Can develop technical business plans and execute those plans
Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort

Preferences:
Experience with, or knowledge of
Modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology.
Modern network threats and malware.
Network forensics and incident response.
Automation and orchestration tools and technologies.
Endpoint security products and technologies
Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
Located in the Los Angeles/Orange County/San Diego metropolitan area; Position will cover Southern California and Mountain Desert (CO, AZ, UT, NM) territories.