Posted 8 months ago on Dec. 19, 2019

Systems Engineer - Channel

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

As a Palo Alto Networks Channel Systems Engineer, you are a critical part of the sales, engineering and channel team. It is your responsibility to build channel strategies and solutions with assigned partners with a focus on their engineering teams and their needs. You will align and build relationships between the partner and Palo Alto Networks to create joint value.

You represent the company as the technical business leader tasked with building excitement and support for Palo Alto Networks with the partner’s sales and technical teams. You will travel and take ownership of the technical strategic relationship with our channel partners to align our portfolio offerings with them. You will develop plans of action to ensure partners are enabled on Palo Alto Networks products and will measure partner impact to grow our mutual success.

In the Channel SE role, you will primarily work with partner technical leadership, Palo Alto Networks channel business and system engineering management to execute on your business plans. You will leverage the resources and teams available in Palo Alto Networks to help you drive channel partner technical excellence.

Your Impact

• Ability to align partner needs and strategy with the value of Palo Alto Networks
  • Lead partner technical planning activities and the execution of technical business plans
  • Collaborate, contribute and support the Palo Alto Networks Channel Business Management team and their partner business plans
  • Position Palo Alto Networks with other technologies sold by partners
  • Provide technical enablement and training to strategic regional partners
  • Facilitate planning and preparation of partner Sales Engineers (SEs) in achieving Palo Alto Networks certifications
  • Act as a contact and, when applicable, escalation point for partner technical issues within Palo Alto Networks
  • Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development
  • Understands the challenges of channel partners and can leverage experience to help drive partner sales growth.
  • Has the drive to show others by example. Demonstrates the ability to translate vision into action
  • Has good writing and speaking skills, can create and deliver content for technical and non-technical audiences
  • Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
  • Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners. Engages and collaborates with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team

Your Experience

• Basic understanding of the partner business model and common financial pain points, such as profit margin, cash-flow, utilization, and days sales outstanding
  • Experience working closely with channel partners: resellers and distributors
  • Ability to quickly obtain strong overall Palo Alto Networks product knowledge and redistribute that knowledge
  • Has public speaking experience
  • Can develop technical business plans and execute those plans
  • Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
  • Experience with, or knowledge of modern data center and public cloud infrastructure and technology
  • Modern network threats and malware
  • Network forensics and incident response
  • Automation and orchestration tools and technologies
  • Endpoint security products and technologies
  • Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.

The Team

The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal being to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sale of our products.

Our Company

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.