Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Intern - R&D (Research & Development)

Internship in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

You will join a Research and Development (R&D) team that will give you the opportunity to make a global impact. One that protects our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyber attacks. A team looking for engineers who are passionate about technology, have an interest in cyber security, and also want to make a positive difference in the world that we live in. The projects our interns are assigned will give real hands-on experience working on our products from our Strata, Prisma and Cortex organisations.

Our top Technical Internship roles we hire for are :

• Software Development (including AI, Machine Learning, & Data Science)

• Security Research

• Software Engineering in Test

• Site Reliability Engineering/ DevOps

Your Impact

• Collaborate and execute alongside experience engineers.

• Help us disrupt the cybersecurity industry using the latest and greatest technologies.

• Write code that meaningfully improves our products and services

• Learn about the cybersecurity industry from the world's leading security experts.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Completing a BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related STEM field

• Strong programming skills

• An understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science

• Exemplify strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction

• Ability to work cross functionally with other engineers, researchers and Product Managers

• Excellent communications skills

• Interest in Cybersecurity

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve the problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Intern Program

Our global internship program trains the next-generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, sales, and marketing. The program also features a combination of challenging projects with tangible impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.

The summer internship program features a combination of challenging projects with real impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities:

• 12-week program

• Peers of elite students

• One-on-one mentoring by industry leaders

• Exposure to and support from Palo Alto Networks executives

• Events that pique your intellectual curiosity and inspire new ideas

• Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work in a fast-paced environment

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Videos To Watch