Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Management Platform)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career:

The Cloud Management Platform is a public cloud delivered management platform to manage all Palo Alto Networks Next generation network security solutions. It’s an easy-to-use, scalable and secure platform to operationalize complex deployments using the Palo Alto Networks network security portfolio.

You will work in a team of highly motivated engineers building a highly scalable and secure multi-tenant public cloud solution to manage network and security configuration and operational data of the customer. We are looking for passionate engineers that can code and build great products as well as leaders that can own and deliver. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.

Responsibilities:

• Design and develop highly scalable cloud based multi-tenant solutions for managing devices and services at scale in hybrid deployments.

• Actively participate in developing next-generation configuration data management architecture.

• Take ownership and collaborate with cross-functional product management, development and quality assurance teams in a fast paced environment.

• Work with Devops and Technical Support teams to investigate and resolve critical customer defects.

Qualifications

• 3+ years of experience in building enterprise applications required.

• Excellent programming skills in C or Golang on a Linux platform is a must. Java or Python is a plus.

• Strong fundamentals in object oriented design and development is a must. Experience with or familiarity of Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration is a plus.

• Experience developing microservice based solutions on public cloud infrastructure is highly desirable. Experience developing in Kubernetes based environments is a plus.

• Experience building data management solutions using transactional data stores is highly desirable. Knowledge of and experience building enterprise software with graph databases is a plus.

• Experience building network configuration management systems is highly desirable

• Experience building cloud native or appliance based network management solutions is highly desirable.

• Experience in distributed system development is a plus.

Education:

• MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent.

Additional Information

The Team:

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Our Commitment:

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-SM2