At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
This role will act as an interface between business and technical teams to understand business needs, define requirements and implement new business processes, tools, and systems. The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, independent and highly organized, has strong technical, project management, communication and influence skills, and brings a combination of business acumen and technical architecture understanding. The breath of the role requires partnering with all FP&A teams and across the company (Shared Services organizations - IT, HR, Finance, etc.). The role will report to the Finance Systems lead.
- Lead through influence: Actively participate in discussions with senior business leaders making convincing arguments that inform decisions. Develop concise and compelling written communications that build the case for change and articulate solutions
- Problem solving and analytics: Understand business performance through dashboards and data that you help create or gather. Use data to recommend creative and innovative solutions. Frame issues in a compelling way and drives resolution to them, providing focused quantitative or qualitative analysis and research support as input into decision making
- Expertise in Financial Planning and forecasting systems , well versed with PL,BS,CF and all Finance processes
- Rigorous execution: Lead or co-lead strategic initiatives and discrete projects. Develop clear action plans. Suggest relevant success metrics and targets. Manage the timeline and process
- Cross-functional leadership and capability building: Build and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization to ensure strong collaboration, raise the profile of the business and its key projects, and capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Build, collaborate and manage relationships with customers/partners on identification, recommendation, and adoption of best practices for small to medium-sized projects
- Manifests broad domain expertise in business processes and Forecasting and budgeting systems
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team
- Function as a stakeholder on projects, participate in management decisions and issue resolution.
- Participate as a key member of the Google Cloud Platform implementation team. Successfully transition from SAP HANA to GCP within prescribed timelines
- Partner with internal business teams in developing delivery roadmaps, defining business processes and associated system requirements
- Organize and manage project work to drive predictable delivery
- Participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution)
- Support and upgrade implemented systems
- Architect innovative solutions to automate and scale business systems
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of Finance and systems related experience
- Experience of SOX controls, compliance and change management for business systems
- Experience with implementing and supporting business systems for MDM, Data lakes and Hadoop , Planning systems
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience with Agile software development
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills; leads and influences across boundaries and considered a trusted partner to peers and executives alike
- Able to think both strategically and tactically - can devise and execute an action plan (strong process and project management skills)
- Highly self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects with little day to day direction. Able to both lead and support
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving ability
- High level of professionalism, passion, and sense of urgency
- Knowledge of architecture for BI, SAAS tools, Google Cloud Platform, SQL Query Language, ERP and development methodologies
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, and building elegant models to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.