Orangetheory Fitness

Scores based on 950 ratings from 69 participants

Comments

When a company face is all about unity and helping the well-being of others yet behind closed doors so is judge mental unappreciative of what their employees due to make sure everything runs smoothly, Anne only wants numbers to increase. It’s a façade One that I will never be able to understand how I was able to work for to men that only demise my character and ridiculed my work.

The company itself is great but it really depends on who owns that franchise location. If the outlet is personally owned, and not part of the corporation in Texas then there is no human resources department.

One of my strengths is being very positive and finding appropriate ways to effect change. The management claimed that they wanted to change things and do things a different way and once that was presented to them, they shut down, refusing to listen, and I was let go shortly after.

The overall environment for women is a good one. There are a lot of women in high positions. Many of the coaches are also female. The most prevalent issue I see for females is the general machismo that surrounds the fitness industry. There are some male coaches scattered throughout different studios, as well as male members who have the mindset that girls dont know what they're talking about in regards to exercise. Those are always frustrating encounters, but if that is reported to managers, they will handle any coworker who behaves that way. They dont often defend the staff against members, however. Not specifically for females, but if ever a coach is responded to with a very poor attitude or a lot of hostility, the company is unwilling to side with the associates. Its only when someone becomes an EXTREME problem, and I mean a harrasment issue, that I have ever seen management back up their employees with any sort of conflict with members.
There is no type of paid leave for maternity or family leave for after the child is born. Most of the moms that have worked there have left the company once they had their kid. They only have the option of going through state disability and paid family leave. Benefits are determined by the franchise owners. Other franchises may have it offered to them, but i have not heard of one.

I love my job. It's rewarding and the members are amazing! It's one big family. But we are under paid and there are no benefits. Turnover rate is high because there is no incentive to stay

Work in HR or Recruiting for Orangetheory Fitness?