Northrop Grumman logo

Northrop Grumman

3.0 | Falls Church, VA | Defense & Space | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for Northrop Grumman are based on 1,708 ratings from 117 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at Northrop Grumman. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

Great company.

Anonymous Rater

Minimal effort to pursue sexual harassment complaints. HR's investigators are there to protect the company, not the individuals. Retribution is rife and HR does nothing to punish it or punish the managers who tolerate it and cover it up - or in many cases, who are the source of it. They tell you to get in the practice of keeping journals, but contemporaneous entries of incidents 'have no evidentiary validity' in their view. Even email documentation is often ignored or explained away. A witness to an incident is almost useless as they then demand a second witness. If anything is ever done, it is only a reprimand, leaving the victim still subject to the power of a now-angry and vengeful manager. And since these reprimands are confidential, other workers are never made aware of them and have the impression nothing is done in these cases, which encourages further harassment by other workers.

For having so many females in key positions, the company simple isn't taking this seriously.

It can be hard to get lactating rooms.
Telecommuting might. It be possible depending on if you work on something where security concerns don’t allow it.
The company doesn’t have its own daycare.
Very little representation of women in executive leadership.
Still lots of gender bias in the culture.
Company wants to change for the better, so that’s a good sign. Lots of programs to help grow female high potentials into leaders.

Experiences here largely depend on which project you're on, but the defense industry remains largely a boys club. Even on a project that stressed the importance of teamwork and open doors, female engineers seemed to be passed over when it came to employee review time.

Women are offered little opportunity beyond basic management levels. I have seen them actively bullied by make counterparts and when this was brought up in hr they went after the bullied women instead of the men doing the billing

Northrop Grumman logo

The Value of Performance

Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernization to customers worldwide.

At Northrop Grumman, our work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology helps protect.

Here you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, respectful, and collaborative.

Wherever you work in the company and whatever your role, we’re united by our mission to help protect the world we live in.

Let’s do the work that matters – together.

Mission: Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. As the technology leader, we will define the future of defense - from undersea to outer space, and in cyberspace.

Career opportunities: http://www.northropgrumman.com/Careers/Pages/default.aspx

Recent Awards

Catalyst Award for groundbreaking corporate initiatives that are advancing women in business, 2018

Perfect score of 100 percent on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2017

Best of the Best - Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine, 2017

Top 50 Companies for Diversity - Number 29 overall, based on objective analysis of 183 separate factors, using data from a 300-question survey, Diversity Inc., 2017

Sustainability Leader, Dow Jones Sustainability Index, 2017

100 Best Corporate Citizens - Number 55, based on companies delivering on their commitments to transparency and accountability, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, 2016

Information about gender diversity has been provided by Northrop Grumman

Board

Executive

Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Full-time | Lorton, VA
Full-time | Azusa, CA
Full-time | Mc Lean, VA
Northrop Grumman is a defense & space company headquartered in the Falls Church, VA area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. Northrop Grumman has a 3.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,708 ratings from 117 current or former employees. 25 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employee ratings and reviews from women for companies like Northrop Grumman and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.