Get Matched

2.6 Flexible Work Hours
2.5 Wellness Initiatives
2.2 Social Activities and Environment
1.9 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

It was a nightmare working at this Nordstrom. My manager was unreasonable, the workplace was incredibly toxic and competitive. My weight was a repeated topic of conversation. It was miserable.

For a retailer, Nordstrom tried to keep your work/ life balance as normal as possible. They were big advocates of supporting within, and sending employees to training opportunities. I think current employees would respond really well to activities implemented to build team building in a social environment.

I had a unique situation with a medical accommodation that couldn't be met, but my manager did try to use available resources and coded me as rehireable when I left.

Was demoted both times I had a baby - legal because I kept the same pay. Always promoted again. No women in leadership have more than one child. Top ranking men have stay at home wives - in fact all the men on my floor did except two. Was told by my boss that he didn't like working mothers "they are either bad employees or bad mothers". He had three children.

There's quite a bit of discriminatory practices with regards to age and personal preferences favoring younger more hip employees over older employees that are more qualified or produce greater results. This affects the overall productivity of the department and creates serious discrepancies in morale. It has a direct effect on the companies bottom dollar.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Nordstrom?