Nordstrom

2.6
2.4
2.2
1.8

Comments

Nordstrom has given me great tools of communication in working respectfully with my coworkers and learning how to best engage and satisfy the customer. It has helped me build my confidence in communications skills and team work all throughout my college education. I feel that I am ready to move on to the next step in my career and in my life and Nordstrom has given me great tools to work and live in the business world at large.

Nordstrom is a great place to work for retail sales. There are tons of women in the industry and opportunities for growth. It is really hard to get the time you want off especially if you are one of the newer team members.

Working at Nordstrom I am inspired to see mostly women in management roles. They treat men and women equally in the workforce and are extremely concerned about creating a safe working environment for everyone. They offer fantastic maternity leave benefits for both the mother & father, as well as a private employee room for breastfeeding. They have also made it known to staff that we completely support women who made choose to breastfeed in public spaces. They offer biometric screenings to help healthy individuals save money on health care and promote internal growth of employees. Managers are expected to develop employees and promote a set number of people each year.

Not enough women in the highest positions for a company that has a high ratio of women to men.

In a tough retail climate, Nordstrom has continues to lay off many people, combine roles, and eliminate positions. Not a good place for the long term.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Nordstrom?