Get Matched

2.6 Flexible Work Hours
2.5 Wellness Initiatives
2.2 Social Activities and Environment
2.0 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

The benefits make me swoon. So supportive of women by providing paid maternity leave, supporting breastfeeding employees, great insurance for families, dcsa, hcsa/hsa options, life insurance, and an amazing matched contribution 401k plan. Did I mention they are especially supportive of women who have lost their breasts to breast cancer and want reconstructive surgery, women who want to adopt, women who have fertility issues and want IVF, and women who want to terminate unwanted pregnancies? They offer assistance for all of these. Nordie's is a gem of an employer for women- and put their money into investing in their female employees.

Woman have equal opportunities to move up to management positions. Only flaw is commissioned based and no consistency with hours worked.

It was a nightmare working at this Nordstrom. My manager was unreasonable, the workplace was incredibly toxic and competitive. My weight was a repeated topic of conversation. It was miserable.

For a retailer, Nordstrom tried to keep your work/ life balance as normal as possible. They were big advocates of supporting within, and sending employees to training opportunities. I think current employees would respond really well to activities implemented to build team building in a social environment.

I had a unique situation with a medical accommodation that couldn't be met, but my manager did try to use available resources and coded me as rehireable when I left.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Nordstrom?