Minted

Scores based on 98 ratings from 7 participants

Comments

This company was one of my favorite places to work. There was definitely female leadership in the office I worked in, the company was filled with diverse employees, so many different types of people that all got along well. Our mixed interests made it a very comfortable place to work. There were always snacks for us, an assortment of teas, quiet rooms when we just wanted to get away from the floor, one was even filled with giant pillows, that you could just in there and lay on. They had lactation rooms for breastfeeding mothers. The team leads were always available, it really was a nice place to work.

There are a lot of wonderful people working here, but unfortunately, there are also a lot of people who make the work environment terribly uncomfortable. Management / corporate attitude towards lower-level employees is not that great; you can really sense that the higher ups are looking down on you. Salary seems to be quite a bit below market rates. I am part of the maybe 10% of employees at my office who are full time rather than contract. Even a lot of people who have been here for several years are on contract, and I've seen several of them not get their contract renewed even after years of hard work and loyal service. It's extremely hard to get promoted (although the chances of promotion are about equal for men and women). There is a communication breakdown between the corporate and operations offices. The big decision-makers in the company seem to be hard learners—instead of setting up preventative measures, they'd rather expend less effort and fail hard before correcting the issue the following year.

Minted is a lifestyle brand and design marketplace connecting you with the world’s best artists to create something one of a kind. Minted crowdsources graphic design and artwork from a global community of independent artists and sells these as products addressing the $10 billion stationery market, $48 billion art market, and $100 billion home decor market.

Minted’s mission is to enable the design independence of both consumers and artists around the world, and the company is a platform for the strongest emerging artists in the world to be seen and discovered.We aim to build a lasting brand representing the most commercially successful design community in the world. Minted was founded by successful serial entrepreneur Mariam Naficy.

Minted is located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco and is backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, and angel investors including Marissa Mayer formerly of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp. Minted is comprised of an experienced and entrepreneurial team. We come from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Yahoo, and Goldman Sachs and numerous disruptive startups. We are a passionate, creative, ambitious team. We provide a great opportunity to work with a stellar team and on a world-changing mission, all supported by a proven business model.

Women at Minted

This information is provided by Minted

Minted Is Hiring