Michaels Stores

1.8
1.8
1.7
1.7

Comments

There are more women in this company at the lowest paid positions, meaning you walk into a store full of women employees. Women also make it to store level management positions often. In the three years I have been there, I have only worked with 2 out of maybe 15 store level managers including store manager, assistant manager, replenishment and framing managers and customer service managers. However, above the store level management positions, I have never met a woman in any management position. I'm sure they exist... but in three years and countless encounters with district and regional managers of sales, loss prevention and so on, not one has been a woman. Furthermore, men are paid more starting, even if they are 16 and they have absolutely no work experience. He will start out at a higher wage than a woman who has had experience in sales/customer service. If this is happening at the lowest ranks, it is surely happening at all levels in the company.

Working at Michael's craft stores as a young female was difficult. Customers doubt you and so do store "leaders". I made the best of everything that came my way but in the end I felt defeated and deflated. Glad to have moved on to a place that listens to its employees and who's managers help out their employees.

Loved the people I worked with, just not a living pay

Pretty decent work but managment liked to trust jobs or projects onto new employees without really training them. Other wise pretty friendly

Coworkers are amazing and the managers are great but as a company I wouldn't recommend it. The hours suck and they will reduce your hours without notice and for no reason.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Michaels Stores?